Virtual Channels issues

This has been fixed in the next testflight build.

Bug confirmed. I looked into this a few times and its very complicated to fix. It's going to take a while to sort out.

3 Likes

THANK YOU! your post earlier could of saved me a lot thumb typing today :joy:

Can you see if this build helped with your issue?

Unfortunately not, diagnostics submitted from client.

Thanks!

After exhaustive checking on the tvOS client, I can confirm that it does work.

I'm guessing you're targeting an Android TV device?

Well, looking up your logs shows I'm wrong.

Though, there's nothing in your tvOS logs showing you're trying to play a virtual channel from the API. Only channel 6197.

@maddox It absolutely was, it was channel 114 Brooklyn 99 if that appears in the logs.

Thanks.

Nope. Maybe try again and submit again.

Just happened again. Switching from channel 6033 tve to channel 114 VC. Subs turned on for the Vc channel.

Diagnostics submitted.
Thanks

And again. Diagnostics submitted. Thanks.

Thanks for the diagnostics. We're still trying to figure this one out.

If you watch one of those imported movies directly from the Library, do the captions also turn on then? Or is it only when tuning into a virtual channel that's already in progress?

1 Like

only when playing in a virtual channel so far. come to think of it, i might be wrong, but it only seems to be happening on the 4k mrk 2, i believe it hasn't happened on the HD's or the original 4k or iphone and ipad. not really sure since the new 4k is my main driver. maybe that anecdote will help. thanks.

Just tried it again. Went to a VC channel and it played with subs on. Stopped playback, played it from the library and it played correctly with subs off. Stopped playback, went back the VC channel and this time it played with subs off.

Diagnostics submitted.

Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks! Are you on the latest. Unfortunately, this morning, I totally revamped how subs automatically turn on when starting a video. So I wouldn't trust anything but the latest version from TestFlight as of now. I'd hate for us to be chasing a red herring and I'm also sorry I changed everything up in the middle of this!

yes, i'm on 10.13.1552. thanks!

Try this one:

so far so good on 10.14.1426, ill let you know if it happens again. thanks!

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Virtual Channels Sort Suggestion

When I select a channel logo in the guide -- of a regular channel -- I see a list of upcoming shows. When I do the same with a Virtual Channel however, I get a screen that says "It doesn't look like this channel has anything available." It would be cool, more consistent and intuitive, if this screen could instead show the same kind of list, of upcoming shows in the Virtual Channel, with the only difference being that any one of those listed shows are playable immediately instead of waiting or needing to schedule a recording.

i put this under this topic instead of opening a new one. I noticed today that a few of the shows set up as a random channel were starting the next show in the middle instead of the begginning. Regenerating the guide fixes but does anyone know why this happens?

also while i'm writing this how does virtual channel works i assume its just a algorythm that picks the show and the software just pick how far your in by the clock.