Virtual Channels Not Skipping Last Block of Commercials

I've noticed for a while now that, while commercial-skipping seems to work fine within an episode of a show on a virtual channel, it doesn't seem to be working if there's a final block of commercials at the end of a recording. Instead of going to the next episode, it starts playing through that block of commercials.

Would love to get to the bottom of this, but I'm not sure where to start - let me know if there are screenshots or files I could upload to help diagnose. I'm running the client on a Chromecast, if that is relevant at all. Thanks!

Does it work when watching from the library? IIRC, auto-skipping is not enabled for the last block of commercials, due to the less-than-perfect performance of Comskip.

(I believe that if you manually verify commercials, then this situation is bypassed. I could also be misremembering things, and this is not related at all.)

I also have noticed some shows are not showing a commercial break for the last commercial, but did all the prior ones correctly. I will try to isolate which shows are doing this.