Voiceover and Apple TV

Some voiceover bugs that are ongoing.
The thumbnails in the up next page doesn't give any voiceover to tell me the title and description of the program. It just says 1 of 2 and 3 of 4 and so on. This did work well until about 6 weeks ago.
When Voiceover is running, the frame of the FF and time left at the bottom of the screen still shows. Doesn't matter to me but it does to those in the family who can see.

When Voiceover is running, doing FF has never worked.

In settings under manage sources, the first choice only says enable and disable , doesn't say what it is for.

1 Like

Thank you for this feedback. We’ll look into improving these soon.

Is this happening on the Apple TV or on the iPhone? I'm hearing the correct titles and episode numbers being spoken with VoiceOver when trying this.

Is this after choosing a source and entering its settings? Or the first option after clicking Manage Sources.

it is when I am in the library, television shows, it just says one of two, two of two, three of two and so on. It used to say the name of the show and read the description.

The issue with the enable button exists under settings and under selecting resources. Enable is the top one in the list, it doesn’t have any indicator what it is for.

if there could be any way you could try to fix the problem so fast forward works while using voiceover on the Apple TV, that would be great.

Under Library, I hear "Up Next" then the name of a show. Scrolling down I hear "Recently updated", and then a name of a show. If I click into the show, I hear "Episode 12" and details about the episode.

But it sounds like you're saying you only hear numbers under Up Next?

Can you check under Settings > Support > About what version is installed?

I was able to reproduce the issue where FF is not working.

1 Like

under settings, it says channels 5.5.3

yes, when I go to library, Up Next, the thumbnails still only say one of one and so on. If I click on them I get to a screen which sometimes voiceover won’t verbalize the content, sometimes it will not. do you need more information before you can help me out? Let me know what you would like to know and I can fill you in.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.