Volume Level of Antenna vs TVE

Curious if others have noticed that audio levels for your antenna feed is lower than what is delivered over TVE? I prefer to use Antenna to save the bandwidth on my internet connection (and just overall better video quality), however the audio levels are very low as compared to TVE sources. Sometimes when turning on the TV when previously watching OTA source and now on TVE source, the TV is blaring.

Even if I test with CBS on both OTA and TVE, the TVE is much higher so it's not specific to one channel vs. others, it's the delivery source that seems to be driving this.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, I did a quick search and didn't come up with any hits on the search.

TIA.

TVE is only Stereo OTA is mostly 5.1 and requires a Soundsystem that can do 5.1. Depends on your sound system and settings.

Thanks for the quick reply. TV speakers are being used (don't judge harshly), not sure what that means in terms of the signal being translated from 5.1 to stereo (2 speaker) device?

If you are using TV Speakers try turning off surround sound in Channels DVR and see if that helps.

1 Like