Vuit - Local Channels - New Source?

Just read an article about a new Live channel source. I don't know if this is the sort of thing that Channels can incorporate but I thought I'd at least bring it to your attention.

An article about it over on "The Streamable" site.

And this is the actual site: Vuit

I haven't tried the app yet but I did watch a couple of local channels on the site - channels that I would be hard pressed to get with an antenna due to obstructions. Would be awesome if it's possible to incorporate these down the road.

Doesn't look like the content matches what's OTA. That site is only broadcasting the local news programs

1 Like

Weird - when I looked at this last night, the news was live but the schedule grid down the right side showed regular programming throughout the day - i.e. what would be live on one of the stations near me. Today the grid still shows live programming but all I see is news replays. I wonder what someone who is actually local to that station sees? None of the stations available on Vuit are technically in my local area (Macon, Georgia). They are showing stations that are available on our local cable, though (one about an hour south of us and another about the same distance west - not really any further than our actual "local" stations - when you live in a rural location, what is local is relative but arbitrarily assigned).

But none of the stations near me reflect their local schedule. One is showing news replays regardless of what the schedule says is on. The other one, funny enough, is just blacked out with ads appearing presumably where the commercial breaks are.

I don't know if I'll actually hear anything but I sent them a message through their contact link just now to find out whether they are just news or if I should be able to see local broadcasts or what exactly the scenario is meant to be.

1 Like

I would like to see this too.

I'm curious - are you actually seeing live programming or just the news over and over. I've seen a mix of positive reviews and negative. It makes me wonder if some people are lucky enough the site/ app is showing them more than just 24 hours of the news repeated. The station I was hoping to watch has the regular OTA schedule listed but no matter when I look I just see the news...

I used the contact form on their site asking them about this and have so far heard nothing.