Warning if recording more than two channels that overlap

Is it possible to get any warning if you have two series passes set and try to record a third that overlaps slightly on one of the others? I have had a couple of instances where one of the programmes with the series pass simply doesn’t record. And I can assume its because of this reason?

You need to look at the Log tab of the DVR around the time of the recording to see why it failed.

As I have a limited amount of tuners, early on I started reviewing the DVR page on the Web UI at least once a week to check for potential conflicts…and then reschedule or skip as needed.

To me, reviewing the Web DVR page is the easiest and offers the best information. It lists the start time and displays the duration (including extra padding) in hours of all scheduled recordings chronologically by day.

The iOS DVR page isn’t as good as 1. It doesn’t include the extra padding time and 2. Displays duration in minutes (i.e., on Web duration time will list as 2 hour 15 min whereas iOS displays 135 minutes)

failure due to hdhomerun tuners in use.

1 Like

Yes you are right. By far the easiest way of seeing potential conflicts. Still would be nice to have some visual warning rathr than just no recording. Wouldn’t it?

2 Likes

I agree it would nice to surface conflicts in a way that’s easier to see. This is something that’s planned.

2 Likes

[troll mode] :slight_smile: Why not just add more devices/tuners… :slight_smile: [/troll mode]

Unfortunately, like disk space or RAM the more you add, the more reasons you will find to use them up… :slight_smile:

My current formula is now how many maximum shows at once would I EVER want to record and watch simultaneously from multiple devices and then add 1 additional tuner device for overlaps. This means that I ended up with 4 Primes, an Extend and a Quatro. Might be overkill; but I haven’t missed a show in a LOONG rime [and last time was due to a long power outage].

I can’t justify the cost of another device for the 4x times a year I may need another tuner. My method has sufficed for over a year. Also, we do still have an ISP provided device (included in our HOA…no choice) so that helps tremendously, as for most series, we just watch and delete.

Ummm I’m sorry HOW many tuners?? No I don’t think I can justify that either.
But if some kind of visual alert gets added eventually that would be good for me anyway.

Just curious if there is another thread about this, or if this has been implemented? I would love to see conflicts highlighted in my schedule, if that is an option.