Watch Channels Full Screen in Teslas

What do you know, Comcast turned off the port forward for some reason for Channels. It was opened at one point since it was turned on my router and I have used channels remotely in the past. My router still had the port opened, I looked at the comcast xfinity Xfi site for port forwarding and yep that port was no where to be found. Opened the port, rebooted my cable modem, router, and my windows 10 computer that is my channels sever and everything remote access worked. Went to the Tesla and was able to get to my channels site and turn on a channel. Thanks for the suggestions of everyone who helped.

1 Like

This is the coolest thing after playing with it for a few days, that I am able to watch Channels in my Tesla!!! :smile:

4 Likes

The weird thing for me is that I get that message when I am on my home wifi but when I am out and try, it works every time.

Did you click on the support here to see if everything was working?

channels support

That is how I discovered my Channels was no longer working outside my network.

What I meant is that I get that message on my Tesla when I am on my home wifi. It doesn't do it on any device I use at home and since it works on the Tesla when I am out for example, at a Supercharger, I haven't checked. I will play around with it later to see what it shows.

i had this too when i first set it up, then it randomly stopped at some point and i haven't seen it since (knock on wood)...

has this stopped working for anyone else? the "go to site" link isn't doing anything now for me...it just sits there.

the overall idea still works because it works on a better theater...but on the channels site, nothing happens.

anyone? I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one having issues with this...still not working for me, a few weeks and a few reboots and Tesla software updates later.

a better theater works, so it's not an issue with my car...but channels just won't go full screen anymore.

checking in again...

@maddox @tmm1 anyone have any ideas?

Ill check tomorrow if it’s working. Are you still having problems?

Finally checked on this and it’s working as it should.

This is so cool! Using it parked at a parking lot.

Does it run better by turning down the stream quality under the web player?

i haven't gotten a chance to try it again since the last time i posted, but i can't imagine it's any different unless there were changes made. it hasn't worked for me for months...the other theater stuff does, channels does not.

i'll try again when i go grocery shopping tonight, and report back.

still not working for me, even after my model 3 updated to v11. incredibly frustrating...

any ideas?

@maddox this is what I get when I try to follow the link on my phone (guessing it means something on my network is blocking it)...any ideas?

Your domain doesn't work for me either, so your Remote DVR isn't set up correctly. That would explains things, lol.

Be sure you have the port mapped correctly to the computer your Channels DVR Server is running on. Additionally, ping that domain and see if it matches your current external IP address.

1 Like

got it sorted, I never carried the port forward over when I got my new router. d'oh.

thanks for sticking with me lol...

1 Like

Getting browser too old message. I am on latest channels software and Tesla V10.2

I get it when it redirects to discourse software to allow me to login to my account.

lol, damn, that's aggressive. I'm not sure what we can do about that. We can look at trying to avoid those issues for the log in at least.

How's your car still on v10.2 and not V11? Or is this FSD Beta?

Tesla app say I'm up to date. I guess it's an OG Tesla now. It's 2014 Model S.

1 Like

Just saw this. It works great! Thanks for a fun treat!

1 Like