Watch Together

Does ChannelsDVR have a "Watch Together" feature? If so, how do you use it? If not, is it on the feature roadmap?

1 Like

Do people actually use that?

2 Likes

Yes. you all sit together in front of your tv and watch together.

If you mean, a remote "watch party" like things where people else where can tandom watch,...no...and proably not. That is a streaming service thing.

Channels DVR is not a streaming service.
It is a home DVR software, that has single user, multi local client design.

I'd rather see my ATSC 3.0 channels work before stuff like this.

1 Like

Maybe that is the primary use case, but I'm sure there are many users (like myself) who share the DVR with family via remote access and occasionally want to watch something together. It's usually not too difficult to sync up playback, but it would be neat to have a streamlined process for it. Plex has this built-in and it works fairly well.

Agreed, I think this would be super cool. I use watch together on Movies Anywhere as well as Netflix while FaceTiming with friends and family in other parts of the world. In 2020 especially this has been a wonderful feature. Synchronized remote playback with Channels too? OMG yes please!!!

1 Like

I don't see any feedback from the developers.
Is this feature on the horizon?
I do use watch party feature quite frequently with Disney Plus as well as Plex.
If Plex can do it, I'm sure Channels can do it too.

I shall agree with my own comment from December of last year. Not interested in this.

You can play the same recording on multiple devices and if you choose to resume the playback will typically be within a few seconds. You could then do a coordinated pause to try and get it even more synced up, I would think?