WD My Cloud Home Duo

Which install do we use if we have this NAS? Is it supported?

We’ve submitted an app for this new NAS to WD and they expect to make it available next month.

In the mean time if you are comfortable with the command line and want to beta test our DVR on the MyCloudHome, send me a private message and I will give you some instructions.

The My Cloud Home is now officially supported. You can setup Channels DVR on it via the services tab of the MyCloud app (https://home.mycloud.com/cloud/services)

2 Likes

@tmm1
What models of the WD My Cloud Home line work? Do they have enough power to transcode?

Both models work. They can transcode a single stream at a time.

@timm1
When you say both models I’m assuming you mean the WD My Cloud Home and the WD My Cloud Home Duo. Also, is transcoding only needed when viewing remotely?

Correct on both counts.

I have found that on my single drive WD My Cloud, that it can record 2 streams and play them back, but it does max it out. Transcoding a single stream is all it can do.

The goal of me picking one up was to give to my daughter to support a single HD Homerun Connect, with minimal remote use age, and it seems to do that. It seems to take about 10 seconds to start a remote stream. I’m happy to go back to my more powerful machine though to handle all the simultaneous recording and watching and remote use that I get with a bigger processor.