We need a "Watch Together" feature like Plex to sync playback on multiple client devices

As you may know, Plex recently added a feature called "Watch Together" where you can sync your playback with your friends. https://support.plex.tv/articles/watch-together

I think that Channels should replicate this feature – not for friends, but for whatever client devices I own.

Take this example: my wife and I are watching a football game, her on the living room Apple TV, and me on my iPad in our home office while I work. As I move around the house, I might catch some of the game on the living room TV, and if it's not synced I could easily miss a goal or a great moment. We try to sync them manually as best we can. This is tedious, especially if one of use skips ahead during a commercial, throwing everything out of sync.

The sync feature should sync up all clients whenever anybody rewinds, fast forward, pauses or plays.

This would be a killer feature. Please consider adding it!

This would be amazing! There are lots of devices, apps and browser plugins that do this for Netflix over the internet. Especially due to Covid, it seems like there has been a lot of development in this space, allowing people to “watch together” even if they stay home.

I would love to see this for Channels. Even if it only works on the local network it would be VERY useful. Over the internet it would be absolutely sublime. Thanks for suggesting this!

1 Like

@Fofer Thanks, I think so too! BTW – I just noticed I hadn't posted this in Feature Requests, my bad. I've now edited the post and transferred it there. Would you mind giving it a vote?

I also would like this feature! We have 7 people in the house and more devices than needed, but if they could all be in sync that would be great

I would like this feature as well. When playing it would be good to start from the beginning or pick up from previous viewing.

Piping up on this old thread to second the desire for this. Right now I have a tv on in the kitchen playing the same show as what's on in the living room and the echo is driving me nuts. In fact, it drove me to this thread!

You could always mute one and increase the volume of the other :grin:

I'm pretty sure my family in the other room won't care for that plan much! ha

Have thee same need as Dinki. Wife in kitchen and daughter in living room creates an echo headache....

1 Like

+1 for this feature. We were watching the Super Bowl in the basement on a bar tv and the main tv. Trying to manually get them in sync was a headache. Thank you for considering this as a feature.

1 Like