Weak Channel Signals

Here in florida weak/strong channels can vary day to day from atmospheric conditions.
Example:
Signal strength 80-100, quality 60-80 on sunny days and - tuner locks in channel fine
Signal strength 55-79, quality 44-69 on overcast days - tuner won’t lock

Is it possible to manually add channels like these so they are available to view on strong days?

The list of channels is controlled by the HDHR hardware and the channel scan it performs. If you scan on a strong day, it should keep that list of channels. But sometimes it decides to do its own scans in the background- I’m not sure why or when.

I’d recommend contacting [email protected] about this issue.

You could also look into a better antenna or a signal amplifier to help tune channels on overcast days.

Thank you for the prompt response.
I did both. Stronger antenna and scanned on a strong day. It kept the channels … until (as i now understand from your reply) that the hardware rescanned and overwrote the saved channels. That happened to me yesterday which prompted the question. I’ll figure it out eventually.

As a sidebar: I love the iOS channels DVR beta

I have blocked nearly all channels that don't come it perfectly 100% of the time. In this case, I find that the blocked channels remain blocked, regardless of what additional hardware scans might pick up.

@CScott, you are getting channels with poor quality and strength. An basic inline usb amplifier would pump up the strength to 100% on all of the channels. And then to maximize signal quality, possibly an app like signalgh would help to get your antenna in the best position, as you can see the signals in real time and don't need to lock tuners to check the stations. (an alternate and slower method would be to just repeatedly refresh the tuner status pages on your HDHR while tuning channels on your tv and moving the antenna).