Web Interface and Channels on Firestick

I have 2 tuners that I use for Channels TV. The 1st tuner is the HDHomerun Prime and the second is the HDHomerun DUO. When using the Web interface the channels 2.1 and 4.1 Show up and work fine. In the Channels program using the latest Firestick(s) the channels do not show up in the guide. I have the HDHomerun listed 1st with the Duo listed 2nd. If I switch the device order making the Duo 1st, I get the channels but lose 502 and 504 and any matching channels on the HDhomerun. Ant ideas if this is a bug or just the way it works.

It appears CBS 2.1 = 502 and NBC 4.1 = 504 are being merged. Seems like you have a guide issue with your Prime Source which is what I would make primary because of the Cable Card. But sometimes you get better reception from OTA so maybe that could be first. I would also consider removing OTA Channels you do not want by disabling in the my.hdhomerun.com channel lineup page. I only allow about 9 OTA and the rest of well over 100 are disabled.

1 Like

I tried what you said did nothing. It happens if the Prime is first. If Prime is second the DUO OTA channels show up but you then lose the corresponding channels in the Prime section of the guide. Example if DUO is first you will have channels 2.1, 4.1, 11.1 but you will lose in the guide the corresponding channels on the Prime 502, 504, 511 etc on Verizon cable card. If I use Prime first then I lose 2.1 and 4.1 OTA in Duo. Any ideas??

It combines the channels ... what ever tuner device is first on the client those are the channels you will see.

So will the Fire stick app allow me to 5 channels of the same playing at once if I pick channel 502. 3 channels 502 on Prime and 2.1 playing on Duo even if it 2.1 doesn't show onthe app?

Correct.

Here are some screenshots of a broadcast listing in web UI: Notice 2 Channels Avail

1. From Advanced Passes:

1. From DVR Schedule (last one)

I was not able to record 2 separate recordings recordings like: (Paris When....) earlier. However, the DVR schedule also didn’t show 2 either. Set both of these from Guide (I do have the 2 different channels showing (due to my intended setup) DVR isn’t really designed for this ...and I don’t think 2 recordings will work. No harm in trying :grinning: Might be surprised!.

Interesting.
"In Theory" if 395 is from your Prime and 6039 your TVE, then it would depend on which of the two channels you favorited and the tie breaker should be which device is higher priority since both channels appear to be HD.

Would be very surprised if it actually recorded the same movie at the same time from two different devices.

It does not record the show 2 times ... It favors what ever device you have as the highest Priority in the DVR... or what ever channel the show starts at an earlier time.

All of us were wrong:

The recordings were both distorted (expected on 6039; problems already ID on Qnap 251A)....however, we had had transmission problems all day with IP (Xfinity) and supplier of both feeds (395 (Prime) & 6039 (TVE)). Base transmission continued on next recording...(set by accident).

I had expected that both would “start” but would probably have problems (See my prior observation of both entries in Logs/Schedule). I’ll re-run test again...just to see if 395 records cleanly.

D

CC: @Edwin_Perez