Web-ui guide is incomplete

I have two hdhrs with different channels and different favorites.
I can see everything on tvOS just fine, but the web-ui does not show the full guide.

I think this happened around the time you attempted to do the tuner combining on the web-ui. (i no longer have a pulldown to select which hdhr I want). I can only see 4 favorite channels via the web-ui guide. And the other HD, All channels, etc options are not complete either.

The web UI Guide tab doesn’t show channels for which guide data is not available. That could be why…

The guide data is there. I can see multiple days worth of it on my AppleTV

Can you check the javascript console in the browser for any errors when the Guide tab is loaded

There are no errors.
Here is the logs tab:

And the errors tab:

For some more information, I can go to the HD channels option and see some more channels, such as MyTV (24.1). This channel is on both HDHRs, favorited on HDHR 1055351A. If I play this channel from the HD channels, it correctly picks the HDHR where the channel is favorited. But I can’t see the channel in favorites.

2017/09/19 19:33:32 [TNR] Opened connection to 1055351A for ch24.1 [transcode=none]
2017/09/19 19:33:32 [HLS] Starting transcoder for channel 24.1 (encoder=h264_vaapi, resolution=720, deinterlacer=blend, bitrate=6000)
libva info: VA-API version 0.40.0
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
2017/09/19 19:33:48 [HLS] Stopping transcoder session ANY-ch24.1 @ 15.532189s
2017/09/19 19:33:48 [TNR] Closed connection to 1055351A for ch24.1

Looks like some sort of bug… On the first HDHR channel list, it’s missing logos and channel names so something is not mapping correctly.

Does it make any difference if you change the priority of your HDHRs?

yes, favorites appear different, but neither is a complete list. Here is the list of favorites with different tuner priorites:

and

Can you use File>Save on http://127.0.0.1:8089/devices and http://127.0.0.1:8089/dvr/guide/channels and email the files to [email protected]

Try upgrading to v2017.09.25.0038

curl -XPUT http://127.0.0.1:8089/updater/check/2017.09.25.0038

Thanks! you fixed it.

1 Like

I’m still having this same problem as djcastaldo. I upgraded to 2017.10.11.2339 but it didn’t fix the problem for me. I am running the DVR as a Docker on my unraid server and using the android tv app on my nvidia shield.

I can now change the tuner priority and get a web guide for either tuner. The tuner that is on the bottom in the priority settings is the one that shows up in the guide on the web access. I can change the priority and schedule recordings from either guide. If I search for shows I can get results from either tuner regardless of the priority settings.

I am using an android client on the Nvidia Shield. Unlike djcastaldo I don’t get a full guide on my nvidia shield. It’s somewhat random which channels show up on the Shield TV.

However, what’s really odd is that if I open the roku app the “on now” window shows all my favorited channels. The roku app does use the correct tuner for each set of channels. I have only played with it a short time but this is probably the best Live TV app that I’ve ever tried on the Roku. My server is an older core I3 and has no trouble transcoding. I only see a few seconds of buffering when I start a channel.

I saved the 2 files as requested a couple posts up and sent them to [email protected]

I am now having the problem again as well. I just added a third HDHR and don’t see the favorites in my web-ui guide.

Additionally, my DVR favorites are not being respected. ie: if I have a channel on all three HDHRs, but only favorited on the third HDHR, I would expect recordings on that channel to use the third HDHR. However, I just found an instance where the recording skipped the first HDHR (as expected), but then started recording on the second HDHR (where the channel is also not favorited). It should have skipped this second HDHR also and recorded on HDHR3, where the channel is favorited in the DVR settings.

Fixed in the latest version of the DVR.

Excellent. Thanks. I am not at home but I checked and all my favorite channels are showing up in the web ui guide.