Web UI has completely disappeared

Hi folks

I was testing the new iOS beta shortcuts and installed the latest server prerelease 10.03.1816

Somehow when the server installed something got corrupted it appears.

I no longer show any user interface at all (completely blank screen) when I go to configure my server.

It appears the server is still alive, as I can change channels on the clients, including TVE channels.

This is weird. Tried restarting the server, and using the stop and restart server command from the channels dvr install app.

I’m on a Mac mini high Sierra , running safari.

Other than completely uninstalling and reinstalling, does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you

Try incognito window? Or shift+refresh? Or another browser?

That build has been out a few days already and we haven't heard of other similar issues.

Thanks! Incognito and shift refresh didn’t work.
However if I manually enter the local url
127.0.0.1:8089 I can get to the admin page and see it in chrome, but not safari. Weird.

From there, how do I revert back to past release to see if the safari ui comes back up?

@tmm1

So I narrowed this down. Really weird.
I could manually use the local server and see the admin page, etc in chrome, but not safari, which was still a blank screen.

I then uninstalled the server using my original channels DVR installer, which I kept when I signed up about 6-7 months ago and logged in to my account.

The UI now worked in safari, but with an older server revision from august..
I then restored a backup from earlier today, and let the guide redownload, etc

Then I tested channel on a client , everything seemed back to normal.

For curiosity sake, I went back to the server and updated to the October prerelease.

Guess what it trashed the safari admin UI again.

What version of Safari?

Can you open the javascript console and see if any errors are shown in there?

Safari version 13.0.5

I uninstalled and reinstalled and can see the admin panel in safari again with server version 2021.08.12.0054

Im happy to check javascript console if you point me in the right direction

Ok I found it and have a separate tab open. With the channels admin page running. For this test would you like me to update to the prerelease in the other tab?

Yes you would need to update again. Keep the console open, reload the page, when it doesn't load it should show some messages in the console area.

Well prior to re-installing the prerelease I saw one error in the console it’s a ssl error to a google analytics page.
Connection could not be made.

Then I ran the update with the console in parallel and nothing more occurred (no more activity in the console). But the error is still there.

Now I got a syntax error: unexpected token

Bundle.js:3

And the analytics error went away

Analytics error is fine. Probably your adblocker.

Can you screenshot the full error you see now?

I do have a pi-hole, but they have coexisted very well for months.

Here is screenshot.
Left side is the blank admin screen in safari. Right side is error code.

Thanks. I am uploading a new pre-release with a fix. It will take an hour or so to be ready.

Since you can't click the button anymore, you can open Terminal.app and paste this command to update to the latest prerelease:

curl -XPUT http://localhost:8089/updater/check/prerelease

The version with the fix is v2021.10.07.0032 and there will be an update on DVR Pre-Release Notes when it is ready.

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you.

I’ll report back later tonight or tomorrow with feedback

1 Like

UI BACK VERIFIED..

great work thank you

1 Like