Web UI Skip Forward/Back

I use a Harmony Hub remote connected to my Win 10 PC using bluetooth. I can control volume, play and pause in the Channels DVR Web UI. Could you add skip forward and skip back? The Plex Web UI does it. Is there an easy way to mimic their implementation? Thanks.

Bumping this. Since I posted this, I learned you could make a web page look like an app. I started doing this with Bally Sports page in Edge and Chrome. Not only do the standard media controls in Windows work, skip forward and back also work. Plex Web Player also has controls in the browser.
ChannelsDVR Web Player comes close, play/pause both work. Please add a way to skip foward and back. A keyboard shortcut would be most welcomed! Thanks.

I heard nothing but crickets here. I suppose this is too complicated and the devs are focused elsewhere.

I did find it funny there are like a 100 different keyboard shortcuts for this forum on the web browser but adding a shortcut for skipping forward and back is completely ignored on the web video player.

I ended up with a crude solution by programming a button for the tab keystroke and another for shift+tab. I can highlight one of the two buttons to skip forward and back. Better than nothing.

Well, they are two totally separate things:

Still funny.

Maybe this would work? https://www.npmjs.com/package/videojs-hotkeys

Holy crap, Thanks for implementing this! Funny that today I thought my workaround using the tab keystroke, mapped to a Harmony remote button, broke. Then I used the arrow right keystroke and it skipped forward 30 seconds! Thanks again. I only use the Web interface so this is a pleasant surprise.

1 Like