WebUI log error - "can't set filemode on tempfile"

Has anyone seen the below error in their WebUI log before? While this isn't causing any issues in actually using Channels, this type of entry has repeatedly bombarded my WebUI log file. It seems to happen a couple times a day, though I haven't been able to pinpoint when. I'm currently running the dvr server on a Shield updated to the latest beta:

2019/07/19 22:06:06 [M3U8] Generator: err=can't set filemode on tempfile "/storage/1428CA5D28CA3E0C/NVIDIA_SHIELD/DVR/Streaming/m3u8/1175/stream.m3u8091897910": chmod /storage/1428CA5D28CA3E0C/NVIDIA_SHIELD/DVR/Streaming/m3u8/1175/stream.m3u8091897910: operation not permitted
2019/07/19 22:06:07 [M3U8] Generator: err=can't set filemode on tempfile "/storage/1428CA5D28CA3E0C/NVIDIA_SHIELD/DVR/Streaming/m3u8/1175/stream.m3u8122299933": chmod /storage/1428CA5D28CA3E0C/NVIDIA_SHIELD/DVR/Streaming/m3u8/1175/stream.m3u8122299933: operation not permitted

What kind of file system are you using on your storage drive?

I believe it's formatted as NTFS, if that's what you mean? It's a new WD Elements drive straight out of the box and plugged into the Shield as external storage. My previous hard drive, which was adopted as internal storage, was showing signs of going bad so I transferred the DVR files over to the new drive, removed the bad drive from internal storage, uninstalled/re-installed channels, and then used the Restore option with the new drive. Everything works great as long as this error isn't a bad thing, which is why I wanted to ask.

Can you copy/paste the output from http://x.x.x.x:8089/system/disk (replace x.x.x.x with IP of your SHIELD)

When I copy/paste http://x.x.x.x:8089/system/disk, I get the following:

"null"

I searched the forums for a similar syntax and found http://x.x.x.x:8089/filesystem?path=/storage. When I copy/paste that I get:

["1428CA5D28CA3E0C","emulated","self"]

Not sure why that first item isn't giving any other info besides null. Does that help?

Please update to the latest build which should fix /system/disk not working.

Cool, with the latest building now I get this (please let me know if there's a clearer way to paste it):

[{"device":"rootfs","mountpoint":"/","fstype":"rootfs","opts":"ro"},{"device":"tmpfs","mountpoint":"/dev","fstype":"tmpfs","opts":"rw,nosuid,relatime"},{"device":"devpts","mountpoint":"/dev/pts","fstype":"devpts","opts":"rw,relatime"},{"device":"none","mountpoint":"/dev/memcg","fstype":"cgroup","opts":"rw,relatime"},{"device":"none","mountpoint":"/dev/cpuctl","fstype":"cgroup","opts":"rw,relatime"},{"device":"none","mountpoint":"/dev/cpuset","fstype":"cgroup","opts":"rw,relatime"},{"device":"adb","mountpoint":"/dev/usb-ffs/adb","fstype":"functionfs","opts":"rw,relatime"},{"device":"proc","mountpoint":"/proc","fstype":"proc","opts":"rw,relatime"},{"device":"sysfs","mountpoint":"/sys","fstype":"sysfs","opts":"rw,relatime"},{"device":"selinuxfs","mountpoint":"/sys/fs/selinux","fstype":"selinuxfs","opts":"rw,relatime"},{"device":"debugfs","mountpoint":"/sys/kernel/debug","fstype":"debugfs","opts":"rw,relatime"},{"device":"tracefs","mountpoint":"/sys/kernel/debug/tracing","fstype":"tracefs","opts":"rw,relatime"},{"device":"pstore","mountpoint":"/sys/fs/pstore","fstype":"pstore","opts":"rw,relatime"},{"device":"/dev/block/dm-0","mountpoint":"/system","fstype":"ext4","opts":"ro,noatime"},{"device":"/dev/block/dm-1","mountpoint":"/vendor","fstype":"ext4","opts":"ro,noatime"},{"device":"none","mountpoint":"/acct","fstype":"cgroup","opts":"rw,relatime"},{"device":"tmpfs","mountpoint":"/mnt","fstype":"tmpfs","opts":"rw,relatime"},{"device":"/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/FCT","mountpoint":"/mnt/factory","fstype":"ext4","opts":"ro,relatime"},{"device":"/dev/fuse","mountpoint":"/mnt/runtime/default/emulated","fstype":"fuse","opts":"rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime"},{"device":"/dev/fuse","mountpoint":"/mnt/runtime/read/emulated","fstype":"fuse","opts":"rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime"},{"device":"/dev/fuse","mountpoint":"/mnt/runtime/write/emulated","fstype":"fuse","opts":"rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime"},{"device":"/dev/block/vold/public:8,17","mountpoint":"/mnt/media_rw/1428CA5D28CA3E0C","fstype":"fuseblk","opts":"rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime"},{"device":"/dev/fuse","mountpoint":"/mnt/runtime/default/1428CA5D28CA3E0C","fstype":"fuse","opts":"rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime"},{"device":"/dev/fuse","mountpoint":"/mnt/runtime/read/1428CA5D28CA3E0C","fstype":"fuse","opts":"rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime"},{"device":"/dev/fuse","mountpoint":"/mnt/runtime/write/1428CA5D28CA3E0C","fstype":"fuse","opts":"rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime"},{"device":"none","mountpoint":"/config","fstype":"configfs","opts":"rw,relatime"},{"device":"/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/CAC","mountpoint":"/cache","fstype":"ext4","opts":"rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime"},{"device":"/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/UDA","mountpoint":"/data","fstype":"ext4","opts":"rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime"},{"device":"/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/RP3","mountpoint":"/factory/wifi_config","fstype":"ext4","opts":"rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime"},{"device":"tmpfs","mountpoint":"/storage","fstype":"tmpfs","opts":"rw,relatime"},{"device":"/dev/fuse","mountpoint":"/storage/emulated","fstype":"fuse","opts":"rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime"},{"device":"/dev/fuse","mountpoint":"/storage/1428CA5D28CA3E0C","fstype":"fuse","opts":"rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime"},{"device":"tmpfs","mountpoint":"/storage/self","fstype":"tmpfs","opts":"rw,relatime"}]

Thanks.

Can you let me know if those errors in the Log have stopped with the latest build?

Everything looks to be good now! I installed the build last night and so far haven't had any errors overnight or throughout the day. I'll report back if something changes, but I think we're good. Thank you for fixing this!

3 Likes