Weird guide bug with DVR on a DS218 NAS

I got my parents using Channels DVR too a while back. They are running the server on a DS218 NAS and then clients on Apple TV 4th and iPads and iPhones. Since upgrading to v4 channels (though they're not 100% sure the issue started at exactly that point) they've got a weird bug where if they click on a program airing in the future on the guide (so they can set it to record), the screen flickers but nothing else happens. All other functions are working fine including clicking on a program on now from the guide to tune to it, and setting a program to record from e.g. the search interface. They're having the same problem on all their client devices so I'm assuming it's an issue with the server. Restarting the NAS has had no effect.

Anyone else had this issue or any ideas what else they could try?

Thanks!

Huh. A video would be helpful. Does the app show the correct dvr IP as connected on the settings tab (under the logo on the top left)

We think the IP is correct. And all the other functions are working including playing back recordings so connection to server seems fine. I will PM you a link to a video as I don't seem to be able to add one here.

Also (assume these issues all connected) items that are scheduled to record aren't being highlighted yellow in the guide, though they do appear in the scheduled recordings list and they do record successfully.

Are you saying that when you click to record it seems like nothing happens? I’ve run into this before. If the episode has already been recorded in the past it won’t record again. Is there an existing pass that includes the program they are attempting to record? If so, in the web interface edit the advanced pass settings to “re-record deleted” and see if the behavior changes. Just an idea.

No, it doesn’t get as far as having a record button to press. When we click on an item in the guide (that’s airing in the future), you can see the little animation on the item itself showing that it has registered the click, but nothing else happens. The window that normally pops up with the record / create pass etc buttons in it doesn’t appear.

For future reference if anyone else finds the same problem we did solve it in the end. It turned out that when my father had installed a new tuner it had set up in the app and seemed to have set itself as the preferred tuner for the dvr but it didn’t have a guide provider set for it in the dvr settings. Fixing that solved the problems observed above.

It might be that this could be made more intuitive for people adding a tuner as it’s not obvious you need to go through the dvr settings again.