Weird seeking issues

Hello,

Not sure exactly where to start. I am having issues with Seeking back and forth. When going forward or backwards sometimes I end up back as far as it will go or all the way live.....unable to stop in-between. The only way out is to change channels and then back...but I loose the recording of course.

Channels DVR on the mibox s, using Ethernet via USB. I am pretty sure I have seen this on the Nvidia shield too though.

Anyone seen similar?
Thanks

What kind of HDHR?

Are you seeing this on recordings or when you have live TV buffered?

Hi, hdhr prime. I am still new, and evaluating, can't confirm it in recordings.... Have currently only seen it with buffered tv.

This could be a bug related to the feed coming from your cable company. Does it happen more often on specific channels?

It would be interesting to compare recordings and see if the same issue exists there as well.

There are really only a few channels I have watched and has happened in more than one.

Hope mentioning a competitor won't get me banned, I have used seek with TiVo for years and never had an issue if that makes a difference on my provider or not. Btw, this is replacing tivos if all goes well.

Dont forget that TiVo also had issues when cable companies started rolling out H.264 channels and trick play had problems with some of them (At least for me on Xfinity/Comcast). In fact some wouldn't even playback.

I'm sure you know that TiVo records from each of its tuners for 30+ minutes as a buffer for live TV, where Channels Live TV does not.

Would help if you could record one or two problem channels to help troubleshoot, or at least mention what channels and what provider you have the issue with.

You can do a free one month trial of ChannlesDVR if you want to.

No, this isn't silicondust :laughing:

Do you mean you're using the Channels DVR client on the mibox s or are you running the Channels DVR on it?

Running the client on the mibox s. The DVR is running on a Synology 1618+

The provider is FiOS. The channel we keep in most often is discovery of (623 where I live)

I am currently doing the 30 day. Love the features, seems the best solution I have tried. There are cheaper solutions, but lurking I have seen the devs are very committed to a great experience and that counts for something.

1 Like

The devs should reply and ask for what they need.
My Discovery channel has no issues either Live or Recorded from my Prime or TVE sources.
They will probably ask you for logs from the DVR and/or the app using to view the channel.

Next time this happens go to the bottom of the Settings tab and click Submit Diagnostics > Video Player, then post here once the upload is complete.

You said, tivos buffers for 30 minutes where channels does not. Where is the 30 minute of seekable content coming from?

I meant TiVo is a closed box system and buffers all it's tuners to it's internal hard drive. No way to change that.

Channels can buffer depending on the DVR/Client/Settings. Fair enough disclaimer?

Got it, just wasn't sure what you meant.

Thanks

No Prob.
Just realize this is a "Community Forum" for users, not just an official support forum.
We users all try to help each other the best we can.
When the Devs are busy and we see a new user with an unanswered question, we try to reach out and help them until the Devs can respond.

Welcome to the Channels Community

Your answer is above...

I just had the issue and sent the diagnostic report

Thanks for the logs. This is a very strange issue indeed. It's possible its a bug specific to the MiBox4.

You said it only happens sometimes? It is usually after you've been buffering for a while?

I do notice that it happens after I have paused the tv for a while. Can you see what I mean from the logs?