What Happened to FS1 & Big Ten Network?

I subscribe to Vidgo, and FS1 and the Big Ten Network were both accessibly via TVE, and showed up in my Channels list. Today I went to watch the Penn State game, and it couldn't connect to the BTN channel. I installed the latest Channels DVR version, 2023.09.30.1316, and rescanned the Vidgo source, and FS1 is listed and working, but The Big Ten Network is gone.

Any idea what happened?

TVE BTN is working here. Try rescanning just BTN channel in the vidgo source settings manage lineup.

Yesterday, and I think again today, Vidgo was having system problems so they were directing customers to watch via TVE. Prior to the outage, I was able to get both FS1 & BTM via TVE (Channels). I think Vidgo is having a problem with their credential data base. I'm working with them now because I can't log into FS1 or their BTN online site using my Vidgo credentials.

Okay, I've been working with Vidgo support, and yes, they are having problems with their system (supplier issue), but told me that their system should be up Monday morning. Because of this, they told me they will issue two weeks free credit, and $10 off for each of the next six months to existing customers.

As for the FS1 & BTN issue, they said their credential data base got corrupted and some accounts were dropped. They asked me to test my Vidgo credentials and a set of test credentials on the online site (Watch BTN Live | Stream Games & Shows on BTN | FOX Sports) to see if they worked, and they did.

They know I only subscribe to Vidgo for TVE access so I can use it with Channels DVR. They asked me to test my credentials, so I deleted my Vidgo source, installed Version 2023.10.01.0552, stopped & restarted Channels DVR on my NAS, than readded Vidgo as a source using my Vidgo credentials. All of the channels I'm authorized to have show up, except for FS1, FS2, & BTN.

They said that if my credentials work on the "Watch BTN Live | Stream Games & Shows on BTN | FOX Sports", they should work with Channels. What do I need to do to get them back?

Try doing an Update Password on your Vidgo TVE source in the DVR web admin UI.
Just enter your same existing password there.
That will clear the chromedata folder for Vidgo.
Then individually rescan just the BTN, FS1 and FS2 channels one at a time.

Tried that. I've also remove Vidgo as a source, stopped/started Channels on my NAS, and readded Vidgo as a source using my Vidgo credentials, but still missing shows I'm 'not entitled'.

If you didn't do the Update Password to clear the chromedata folder you would have to do it manually from your OS.
Just removing and adding the source back doesn't clear it.

My point was to clear the chromedata folder.

1 Like

I tried the 'Update Password' option for the source, but that didn't help. So I removed the source, closed all open Chrome windows, cleared cache and save passwords in Chrome, and closed Chrome. Once again, stopped/restarted Channels DVR on the NAS, then opened a Chrome window, went to the settings for my Channels system and added Vidgo as a new source. I MANUALLY entered my user ID & password when I selected the source and let it scan for all of the channels I'm authorized. When it completed, it still says I'm 'not entitled' to FS1, FS2 & BTN.

If Troubleshooting shows green checkmarks I would submit diagnostics.

1 Like

I did yesterday, but got sidetracked on some other non-Channels related items. Today, I dropped Vidgo again as a source, and than re-added it. Once the scan was complete all of the channels were back.