What kind of remote do you use with your Apple TV?

I have this remote. It's okay, but I don't feel that it's a replacement for the Siri remote. I keep it as backup for my older TVs in case the CEC gets confused and the TV is stuck on the wrong input.

I have one but I prefer the Channels replacement with no Siri since it's IR.

I finally got to try this out last night and it works quite well. I bought a couple of extra OneForAll Streamers and tested one programmed for the Apple TV, and one programmed to use CEC to control the Apple TV functions. Both had the same TV controls, and the extra CEC buttons for channels and color buttons.

The layout is that my Sony TV is mounted above the fireplace. There are built in shelves on either side of the fireplace that are set back a few feet from the front of the fireplace/TV. My Apple TV is on one of those shelves, and tucked back on the shelf closest to the fireplace. So if you are in a chair that is closest to the fireplace in one direction, but pushed all the way off to the right, then there isn't line of site to where the Apple TV is, because the fireplace is blocking it. If you are that chair, you have to lean way forward and way to the left to get the remote to work for the Apple TV.

What I did last night was train the remote to use the Sony remote commands for select, left, right, up, down, FF, RW, Play/Pause, and Back/Menu, instead of the direct Apple TV commands. Now I can just point at the TV and it works great from anywhere in the room. This should solve the issue of having the Apple TV in a cabinet or something, which was raised back earlier in the thread. This is dependent, however, on whether your TV has robust support for CEC that would allow all these buttons to work to control the Apple TV. Sony has very good support.

The other caveat, is that the one button on the OneForAll that I didn't figure out how to replicate was the Home button. You can just press and hold Back/Menu and get to Home, so for most of the time this works just the same. The one place that it wasn't working is in waking up the Apple TV during my testing last night. Press and hold of Back/Menu would take me out of an app to the Apple TV home screen, but it wasn't waking up a sleeping Apple TV. The home button on the remote does, but you have to point it at the Apple TV. There are other ways to wake it up, Input being one of them. This is only an issue for me because in the latest firmware update for the x900 model I have from Sony, they broke the CEC wakeup/sleep that used to be automatic. Up until a few months ago I could wakeup and sleep the Apple TV by simply turning on and off the TV. That stopped working with the firmware update so you have to hit Home after turning on the TV. Hopefully this will eventually get fixed.

Regardless of that one bug, Using CEC seems to be a much better experience because the TV is a bigger target in the middle of the room for the IR signal. Testing the two remotes side by side, performance wise things seemed to respond just as quickly with either setup side by side. Now I need to give it to my wife and let her do the real test.