What streaming providers & channels offer true 4K sports events?

Using Channels app as my client to watch TV on an Nvidia Shield Pro 2019, which streaming Live TV providers & channels should I expect to be able to watch true 4K football & basketball content on? Locally, I have access to Spectrum and AT&T. I'm mostly interested in NCAAF, NCAAB, NFL and NBA.

Provider really doesn’t matter because the all use the same tve. Currently the only tve channel that does 4k is FS1. Even then it is rarely in 4K.

2 Likes

Thank you
Does this mean the video quality of TVE FS1 on YouTube TV, Hulu+ and Spectrum would all be identical on Channels client playback?

And as of today, there are no 4K ESPN TVE expected for this coming year?

1 Like

Yes that’s correct. Channels goes to FS1 web site for the feed and uses credentials from your provider to authorize your access. It has nothing to do with the providers app. Channels can’t use their app. It uses the network web site feed.

Here is a link of the upcoming 4k stuff. Even though it is on fubo list it’s the same for all providers that include access to FS1. They update the list every month or so of upcoming 4k broadcasts.

Channels doesn’t provide a 4K tve feed for espn currently

Fubo hasn't had ESPN 4K events though, so this won't be complete (unless Fubo picks it up).

ESPN's 4K content has been sooooooo sporadic though, that it's largely correct.

1 Like

Who is your provider?

I've added YouTube TV trial. But I'm not getting the FS1 4K channel.
YTTV offers these 4K channels in their web guide but none are showing up in my Channels TVE guide.

• ESPN in 4K
  • FOX Sports 4K
  • FOX Sports Plus 4K
  • FOX Sports 4K
  • NBC Sports in 4K
  • NBC Sports in 4K
  • NBA TV in 4K

Not sure why a couple are duplicated in their guide.

1 Like

I use Hulu but like I said provider doesn’t matter.

Again channels can’t use yttv’s app or web page(or any other providers). Channels uses the web page of the network. For espn it goes to espn.com for discovery it goes to discovery.com for tnt it goes to tnt.com ect.

In the channels guide the 4k content will play on the regular FS1 channel. If you have the feature enabled at the bottom of the dvr settings page then it will grab the 4k hdr feed first if one is available.

The only channel currently that channels can play in 4K is FS1 and the local fox that’s source is from tve(I’m not sure this works anymore with the current problems with tve local fox).

1 Like