What Will Channels Become After TVE?

For on demand content, the only service that has an official source in Channels DVR is PlayOn Cloud.

All other services, such as AnyStream or StreamFab (I don't know streamline), you have to add their output folders to the corresponding Personal Media imports in Channels.

For example:

1 Like

Word is it will become a Playable version of Crysis where you don't need a supercomputer to play it.

IYKYK

2 Likes

Having done trials on PlayOn and Anystream, my opinion is PlayOn is very convenient and polished app. Its integration with Channels is also nice. Audio is another issue all together. 2ch stereo is it! And that was with using 3 credit 1080 mode. Downloads take hours.

Anystream is significantly faster downloading takes 2-5 minutes. Audio is DD. Expensive but lifetime subscription. At this moment I couldnā€™t get it to connect to Netflix but PlayOn does.

So I think PlayOn is fine for TV shows and old movies. Anystream is best for those blockbuster movies you want to enjoy the best video and DD audio.

Netflix changed something a few weeks ago. AnyStream has been working on fixing this since then. It could be days, months, or never before this is fixed.

I'm still using my $2.99/month PlayOn plan as backup.

I think Iā€™m just going to buy some points and get rid of the subscription. They have a Valentine special 100 points for $14.

Can you still use points after your subscription lapses?

Yes purchased points never expire. Storage is only for 7 days I believe.

Channels DVR works perfectly with multiple HDHR Primes, and I only use TVE for a few HD Channels that aren't available with my cable cards.

I also have a couple HDHRs to use with my antenna and really like being able to record Pluto TV channels. I find myself watching a lot of Pluto TV since Channels makes it watch live and pause and rewind and skip through commercials once a live buffer has built up.

I suppose I will use Channels DVR less frequently once Comcast stops supporting cable cards but until then this is the best DVR solution besides my two Tivo Roamio Pros that other family members mainly use.

You know how there is a standalone app to view HDHR live (but no DVR).

I would like to see it support stream links. It would be for someone like my parents who want to consolidate all the different network apps into one place with a guide. They don't really care much about recording.

1 Like

Check this out. Built-in HDHR source support, and m3u source support. DVR also supported locally.

Looks like the average run of the mill iptv player.

What features can it offer that Channels DVR can't?

FYI, it looks like The Daily Show did post all three segments from Stewart's first show on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@TheDailyShow/videos I hope they keep it up. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like