When did "Virtual Channel" feature debut?

I just realized what this feature is all about, and I'm so stoked. This is so damn awesome! Several years ago, I looked into how to make custom channels with my own content for Plex, and it was way over my head. I believe I was lurking around here too, and I don't think it was a feature yet. When was this feature made available? Definitely will subscribe past my free trial. And the community here is very active too. You guys are awesome!

2 Likes

July 2021

1 Like

When I make a virtual channel, I understand the source has to be in the library first, otherwise, there is nothing to add. My question is, can we hide the "library" from the client player menu?

Okay, I actually just realized the "VISIBILITY" options for each show. So if we don't want anything to show in library, we have to do this individually? Is there a one click hide for entire library?

You could remove library from the navigation on the TV based apps. The mobile apps’s navigation isn’t adjustable though.

Removing from TV base is actually preferred. How do I do that?

1 Like

Thank you! I did play around inside all those settings, but missed it. I guess I didn't realize the list was long, and you had to keep going down the list. I just want to hide it until it's perfect as I'm learning proper folder structures. Sometimes, even when the TV Show folder structure is proper, it will still populate the entire screen with individual episodes. Is it just sorting itself out and eventually will go away, or does this usually mean there is something wrong with my file names?

I was looking for a way to insert a single "virtual channel" directly into the coax feed of my house at a cost of several hundred dollars. The next week while looking for something else I coincidentally stumbled across Channels and haven't looked back since! I love the whole package, but virtual channels has definitely been the killer feature for me. I have over 50 of them now! Can't believe I almost paid so much money for a single custom channel!

Please open a new topic on this and we can help you out.

Virtual Channels has also indirectly solved a little problem I have for years.... I have a TR004, it's a 4 bay extension unit to my Qnap Nas. I can never get the extension unit to stay awake all the time. It sleeps on me, so every time I need to get a file from the extension unit, it's a long wait to wake it up first. Well, a lot of my tv shows are stored here as well.Getting in and out of this unit has been a breeze recently because I have a virtual channel with sources there. LOL!