Where did NBCSN go?

Does anyone have 6161 NBCSN working with your service provider? Two days ago it disappeared on my two service providers. Thanks.

From the developers:

Thanks Kenny. You're the best. I sent in a technical support question about this last night and have not heard back from them. :confused:

I wish the developer would make a list of all TVE channels that do not work on Channels DVR due to technical difficulties. Having to guess between them and my service provider removing the TVE feature is a complete waste of time for all of us.

2 Likes

If you bring up the channel listing in the DVR UI (where you can mark channels as favorites or disabled), there is an Edit button in the upper-right. Click that button, and it will reveal all the TVE channels that Channels supports, as well as the reason why channels aren't showing up in your list.

4 Likes

Thanks for your message. I have done that already. NBCSN doesn't register when a channels scan is done. I've tried this with two service provider, it doesn't detect NBCSN. I wish the tech people would respond to my message.

The developers removed NBCSN from the DVR due to the stream was broken and didn’t work 90% of the time. Channel Scan will not pull it in. To stop the complaints about it from the users because it always stated tuner not available, they removed it. NBCSN now requires to view ad to unlock the live streaming. It was not possible to bypass this through Channels DVR. The live programs urls constantly changed. The Premiere soccer league is the cause of their policy change on the streaming site. The NBC streaming app does not have this requirement. It may become normal after the leagues season ends on May 17th.

1 Like

Kenny, thanks so much for the explanation This helps greatly. Does anyone know all the channels on Channels DVR that has been removed due to technical difficulties? I wrote to Aman for this, but he didn't offer it back. I know of the following channels,

6092 - POP
6161 - NBCSN

If you know of any others, please share on here. Thanks.

1 Like

Depending on your provider you may not get channels through TVE. Like Hulu and YTTV don't support many simply because of money. Either it cost more to allow access or they don't want you to simply for ad distribution.
Follow racameron’s instruction above and you will see whats available through your provider. I have experienced all OTT providers and dropped them for either raised prices or lack of access to TVE content. At one time I had 3 OTT providers, but only could get 90% access through Channels DVR. It was ridiculously expensive so I dropped 2 of them and subscribed to Spectrum TV Select with Tier 1 and Tier 2 added, Cable box not required with this option. I get 100% of channels available through Channels DVR. Some of the networks I have to use the Spectrum TV app. I did keep my Philo sub to record the networks not provided through TVE. This saved me 80 dollars monthly when I had all 3 OTT’s.

1 Like