Why Channels is better than Sat>IP

I recently bought for testing (because no company wanted to lend device) Zgemma H9 Combo and I have to return it out. Totally dissapointed so allow me to summarize here my remarks after fighting with this for 5 days.

1. Device looks like cheap Chinese crap (despite supposedly being produced by Germany). Remote control is larger than remote for my LG tv. Case feel like cheap plastic, it is uncomortable to work with because number channels are too distant for 'color' keys that are used for various options in the system and moving my fingers on that keyboard is definitely not ergonomic.

2. This will not work with cable. Despite seller claims "device can record up to 14 channels from two tuners" it is simply not true. If you put CI module into slot you may record only 1 channel that you currently watch. ONE.

3. No OSCAM will decode channels that you don't have in your package. Oscam configuration files exist on internet but nobody do such config for cable just because.
    People claiming on YT videos "device is simple, 5 minuts configuration and it working" are liers. Most of YT videos containg ways of watching TV by either chinese IPTV providers which is illegal, or by adding so called "C line" in config that are bought from shady Chinese cardsharers which again is illegal too. So if you want IPTV forget about such device, why to have tuners if you dont ever use it?

4. There is slight delay when switching channels resulting that first channel plays in slow-motion that speed is increased to normal, very annoying.

5. You are able to turn on PIP but this not work. Sometimes it will work but as soon as you change channel, video in PIP stuck and there is no way from remote to simply turn it off.

6. Accessing the box via web server works but trying to stream channel in Safari got me "No suppported plugin", on Chrome it downloaded m3u8 to my disk. I tried to play that file in VLC which in effect made VLC crash.

7. Several tries for automatic channel scan failed and I have to manually change frequency and QAM modulation to even find some channels. I put those channels on separate list but despite numbering was 1,2,3... etc in EPG or in info screen channels got random numbers out of thin air.

8. OpenPLI , Open ATV and Hyperion are pure madness. No simple UI, UX is controversial. Many screens contains information and settings that are complete mystery to me. It is like configuring Emacs, and I never met anyone who uses Emacs on production. E.g. if you want to go one screen back you must press "Exit" instead of "back" WTF.

Many plugins or channels list are created by some Joozek, Krzysiek,DJ someone and similar. So I got the feeiling I am using hacker sofware done by some amateurs hackers who does not have courage to sing packages under own name which makes me uneasy - what guarantee I have they won't breach into my box to use it as cardsharing server without my knowledge?

Biggest plugin in terms of size is of course Kodi which again is illegal when packed with plugins that gives you access to unauthorised stuff. But even if I have legal login to nc+Go and Netflix it feels just weird to install Kodi on the box and then another plugin extending plugin just to watch it.

Maybe I am too old to struggle with Linux but after few days I see Enigma2 is blind alley of evolution. I appreciate my Apple TV more and even if I not agree with every Apple decision regarding interface I can see now how much effort Apple did into HIG and UX/UI to create smooth experience for user.

And it's great to use Channels and Infuse despite their limitations. Channel could be better if:

• proper API for the SERVER. Currently there is only one documented endpoint /dvr/ and that's not enough
  • websocket that broadcast messages about status of what server is doing. It is impossible to script if I don't get information about what is playing when it started and when it stopped.
  • ability to run Channels server ON APPLE TV itself therefore in result fully support recording in user cloud (e.g. GDrive)

So if you ever thought about buying Sat>IP receiver forget it. It's not worth your time and money. fortunately most of the providers soon introduce card-module-device pairing so using that crap tuners will be prohibited. And if you want decent satelite service try Sky Q - expensive but good.