WHY is there still no Manual Recording option?

Why oh why can we not set a manual recording in Channels DVR yet? I see forum discussions and Feature Requests a plenty. Here's my 'use case':

Today's NASCAR race at Talladega got rained out and rescheduled for tomorrow at 2:00 CST. I doubt seriously that the guide data will be updated to reflect this so my Pass for NASCAR will not record it. All I want to do is set a Manual Recording for Channel 17.1, Starting at 2:00pm and ending 6 hours later. Seems simple enough. I know I can sort of fake it with the Advanced Pass but for software as capable as Channels, that's a poor, poor workaround. Here's how Tablo does it:

Pretty easy, pretty quick to setup. The icon shows up in the Scheduled tab like this:

I don't care about metadata or posters for a manual recording as long as I actually get the recording.

3 Likes

I agree totally. On DirecTV I used to set Fox to record from 7 till midnight in one continuous stream. Much easier than setting for 5 separate shows. If I got started late I just zapped the commercials.

1 Like

+1
I would accept either of these images if we could get Manual recordings.

DIGITAL VIDEO RECORDER

TO BE ANNOUNCED