Windows 7 problem installing

I thought I'd give Channels DVR a shot for future use when my Windows Media Center bites the dust. But I immediately ran into a 404 error. Does it no longer run on Windows 7?Capture

Where are you seeing this 404? What did you click on? What is the URL in the browser bar?

Sheesh. Now it's working (so far). I think this was my 4th try. Before it just gave me the 404 error when trying to access configuration.3

That page doesn't come from us, so it seems you might have some other software running that was listening on port 8089 as well.

Or there's some sort of proxy configured somewhere?

Note that we do not support Windows 7 any more. It will probably work, but if there are issues we cannot help. There are some known issues with the TVE feature on Windows 7 where Chrome does not function as expected.

Finally got it running. I sure hope it's smoother in Win10. A couple of things: 1) There's an app for Channels that wants $25 or so in the Fire TV app store. I assume that's a scam? 2) when setting up the actual channels app on the Fire TV it appears you have to add the :8089 at the end of the URL to get it to work. That was unclear.

It seems to take multiple attempts to install this beast in Win7. I haven't see any glaring bugs yet. The stations listed in the guide were fairly accurate. I think I detected only one subchannel that was missing data. That may be better than the other DVRs I've looked at.

No. That's for viewing live TV using a HDHomeRun tuner, and without a DVR subscription.