Windows DVR not sleeping

The bug has been isolated and fixed. Thanks for reporting it!

A new build will be available shortly, I will let you know when.

Awesome…thanx

New pre-release is available. To upgrade, use a desktop browser, HOLD DOWN SHIFT, and click the “check for updates” button. It should upgrade to v2017.10.14.0149.

Ok…ill try tomorrow

Well I’m not sure if my separate topic question is relevant. I’ve moved the dvr to a Mac mini from a nas for the same reasons as you. But I’m still finding that the comp Is often missing recordings.

May be entirely different issue?[quote=“scubajwd, post:1, topic:2173, full:true”]
Probably not the place to ask this but here goes: I’m running Channels DVR on my
Intel NUC…blows the doors off of my QNAP for load response & transcoding BTW…but
it appears that Channels DVR prevents the WIN 10 Pro from sleeping…is this a bug or a
feature??..maybe I’m spoiled ; in the great old days of WMC she could be sleeping and
woke up to record an event…
[/quote]

I’ve never had issues with missing recordings as my nuc has been on 24/7 for about a week while i test the dvr; channels devs have supplied me with a test build to see if my nuc will sleep with the dvr running in the background; if that works then maybe i will miss recordings if it does not wake up in time…they tell me that the mac enviroment is more conducive for waking up to do recodings than my pc environment…so I’d take the matter up with them in your mac thread that you opened

As usual. Have had a pretty immediate reply and fix from the developers. [quote=“scubajwd, post:1, topic:2173, full:true”]
Probably not the place to ask this but here goes: I’m running Channels DVR on my
Intel NUC…blows the doors off of my QNAP for load response & transcoding BTW…but
it appears that Channels DVR prevents the WIN 10 Pro from sleeping…is this a bug or a
feature??..maybe I’m spoiled ; in the great old days of WMC she could be sleeping and
woke up to record an event…
[/quote]

Good news…MY NUC now goes into sleep mode with test build 0149 that you supplied AND…
wait for it…it appears that the system awoke for a scheduled recording…I’m making
more tests now but right now things are going well…BTW, How do I prevent my DVR
installation from auto-updating for the next day or so?

1 Like

How long before a recording event does the dvr wake up the system; i put my system to
sleep at 6:30 am PST and have a recording scheuled for 7am a 1/2 hr away..the system would
not stay asleep

1 Like

It won’t auto update until I release a new version, and the next version will include this fix.

It’s supposed to wake up 3 minutes before the recording starts.

See it you can get a list of wake timers somehow. The DVR also tries to wake up for maintenance tasks like downloading guide data, so that could be why it woke.

Ok…I’ll try…it’s pretty reproducable…I put the NUC asleep and then a minute later
the channels executable wakes it up whether or not I have something
queue’d for recording in the future…does the guide update on a schedule or is it random?
I’ll check the task scheduler to make sure I have no wake timers hanging around

Guide downloads between 9-11am usually.

Could be you’re hitting another bug. But I checked over the auto-wake code and it looks right. We register a wake timer with the OS, so if you can get a list of those you might be able to see what’s going wrong.

Run “powercfg -waketimers”

I will...also I disabled a ton of google update triggers I found in the task scheduler; also
shut down onedrive and I do not have Google Drive loaded on ths machine; shut down
the trigger to check for adobe updates also...so no cloud triggers exist on this machine
at this time..here is the wake timers info:

The 9:45am wake ups are for guide data. The 2:41pm must be a recording. The 6:56am ones are for a 7am recording as well.

Looks pretty normal.

That’s good…I’ve got an older laptop running Win10; I might install DVR on it to see
if my sleep problem with DVR follows to a completely different hardware set but nearly
identical WIN 10 installation…don’t want you chasing something that might be an obscure
Intel NUC issue

The DVR application (Build 2017.10.14.0149) appears to be behaving
as expected on my older laptop running Build 16299.15 (RTM for Fall
Creators Update) The laptop goes into sleep properly and is awoken 3
minutes prior to start of a recording session. In addition I’m using a Wi-Fi
network connection on the older laptop (not an Intel LAN) The NUC is running
a WIN 10 OS that has all the updates from last years Creators Update but
is NOT 16299.15; I’m not running insider updates on my production machine
MS releases its Fall Update on Oct 17 and I was going to delay getting
it on the NUC but now I may go ahead and get it; what version of WIN 10 is
all your dev work on?

1 Like

23 posts were split to a new topic: FireTV client not letting DVR server go to sleep

Sorry to bump a 10 month old topic, but my computer will not go to sleep either. This is what I get from powercfg at 5:45PM on 9/25/2019:

None of the wake timers seem to suggest it should be preventing sleep here, so with the FireTV post linked above, I wonder if this could be related to the Android TV app I have installed on my Sony TV, or any of the android apps on phones?

Channels DVR Log also doesn't show anything since 9:30 AM today, and there are no scheduled recordings for 4 more days.