Windows not able to browse Pi DVR over Samba

Should smbstatus or "smbstatus -- shares" come back with the share listed? It isn't.

Thanks
Marshall

I had same issue.. I found an article http://woshub.com/cannot-access-smb-network-shares-windows-10-1709/#:~:text=To%20enable%20access%20under%20the,policy%20Enable%20insecure%20guest%20logons.

I used the registry editor setting AllowInsecureGuestAuth to a value of numeric 1....

reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters /v AllowInsecureGuestAuth /t reg_dword /d 00000001 /f

It works fine now.

2 Likes

Donna,
Funny I had seen this before too but never tried it. Your reply made me try and guess what..... IT WORKED!!!

Thank you so much much for your reply, I can now browse the drive. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

2 Likes

Funny, my laptop as always been able to browse doesn't have the entry. So, either not having the "AllowInsecureGuestAuth" is the same as having it set to 1 or there is another way it works....

FYI I just had this same issue. However I tried using...

\DVR-SERVER.local\MEDIA\DVR\

instead and that worked. That .local thing seems to be relatively new and something that's required for me to access the webui as well. I'm using a Pi 4 server so maybe it's part of an update to that, I'm not sure. The webui should probably be updated to show this in the "Access your recordings via..." part.

Also I don't see the smba share listed in the Network section of my Windows Explorer. I have an older NAS that uses v1 shares so I already have the old shares option enabled. My only guess as to why is the work group might be wrong? I don't see an option anywhere in the webui to see, or edit, that so I'm not sure.

I don't use the Pi but after seeing so many people having issues with SMB/Samba I was thinking the same thing. I never use the default workgroup name on my NAS's or any Windows machine I setup, so forget what the default name is.
How is it configured on the Channels DVR Pi image?

1 Like