Wrong Channel matched

Here in Wales, UK, we have a our own version of Channel 4 - called S4C. This is in place of Channel 4 on the channel lineup (Channel 4 is at number 7). HDHomeRun correctly identifies it as S4C, however Channels calls it Channel 4. When selected it is S4C that is played, however the EPG is of course wrong. Is there a way to correct this channel mis-match? Thanks

Can you try clicking the pencil icon under your HDHR on the DVR settings web UI, and see if you can search for S4C there?

In Case I do something wrong here could I check am I in the right place - HDHR info is correct (in Channel Lineup) - it lists the channel as S4C. However on my Apple TV, it says that the channel is Channel 4. If I select it - it is S4C that plays, but the channel EPG is for the incorrect channel. Am I understanding that I should go to the ip address of the HDHR? I have entered the ip address - and I get a simple GUI (Channel Lineup, Tuner stats etc) is this where I should be? Thanks for your reply and help

I was suggesting you go to the IP of the DVR, or open http://127.0.0.1:8089 on your mac.

However, I checked with our guide provider and S4C is currently not listed under the Belmont transmitter. I have emailed them to see if they can fix this.

Thank you - I understand now! Yes - S4C is specifically a Welsh channel. I would very much appreciate this. The other variants of channels seem ok (BBC Wales, ITV Wales etc). Thank you

This has been fixed by our guide provider and should be reflected in your DVR tomorrow.

Strangely, recently in the last week or so S4C has become the default channel 4 for me, despite living in England and not wales. Is there any way to change this?

Additionally when I select the channel it’s the England channel 4 and not the welsh one. So I’m assuming that the guide info is wrong for me

Could you both send me your postal code? I will follow up with our provider.

Thanks very much! S4C is on it now!!

Post Code is LL57 area

Hi, This problem seems to have resurfaced. S4C is no longer offered in the lineup. Could you please check to see if this have been disabled again? Thank you

Thanks for the heads up. I will get it fixed.

To fix this issue, please visit the DVR web ui on your computer/NAS. Under your hdhomerun click the trash can icon, then re-enter your postal code and select the FreeView option. Let me know if that works.