Wrong Episode Number for Tracker TV Show

I just recorded the TV Show Tracker tonight on CBS and for the metadata it is pulling that it is episode 4 but it is actually episode 2. The show name is correct and says "Missoula".

Obviously I can change the episode number in the edit metadata section but I thought perhaps there is a way for the devs to report it to Gracenote so they can correct their data?

At least I assume that is how it all works.

It is possible it was planned to be the 4th episode, but they chose to air it second.

TMDB shows it as Episode 2 ... mine also says Episode 4.
The official site shows it as episode 2 ...

Tracker on CBS

What is the best way to fix this also generate a correct JSON file ?

I think what's happening is episode 1 and 2 aired twice (once on Sunday and once on Thursday) and maybe that's why the numbering of episodes is off track. Not sure if that is the answer.
We have Direct TV app and it's labeling Missoula as episode 4 but it's actually episode 2.
It's calling the episode Springland as episode 2 but its actually episode 3 set to air 2/25 and episode Mt. Shasta airing on 3/3 as episode 3 but that one will actually be episode 4.
I'm basing what I think the order of the episode numbers should be for each episode title based on when they air each Sunday night.
When I Google the series I can't find any website that has the episode numbers and titles lining up correctly. :woman_shrugging:

Did you see my link above the official page for the Series has it correct. Also TMDB has it correct.

TVDB Also has it Correct.

I just hope it does not skip episode 4 even though I edited the episode #.

1 Like

That is a great point!
Better make sure to check the upcoming schedule and see if it's picked up by the DVR.

If it makes you feel better, you can report it to Gracenote through zap2it.
https://feedback.zap2it.com/tvlistings

I gave up doing that as they seem to ignore it.

The episodic press release that came out on 1/29 originally had "Springland" airing on 2/18 as the second episode, then on 2/8 they issued another release with "Missoula" now on 2/18 and bumped the rest of the episodes by a week, which is why the URL in the release for Springland ends with "feb-18" and has an editor's note about the airdate being changed after publication. The on set publicity photos for "Springland" and "Mt. Shasta" are also timestamped a month before the stills for "Missoula", so either they were filmed out of order or CBS is airing it out of order.

Eh, I decided to report it in case they wanted to do anything on their end. I can very easily change the episode # in the metadata editor.

I actually didn't realize this would prompt so many responses. :upside_down_face:

Even the Json shows that epidode 4 has not aired yet lol ... I guess I have to manually rename the file and add to imports.

OriginalBroadcastDateTime":"2024-03-03T00:00:00Z

{"Description":"Colter tracks down a missing young man who has been pulled into a deadly cult.","Episode":4,"Genres":["Drama"],"IsMovie":false,"IsNews":false,"IsSports":false,"MetadataGenerator":"Channels DVR","OriginalBroadcastDateTime":"2024-03-03T00:00:00Z","Rating":"TV-14","RecordedDateTime":"2024-02-19T05:00:00Z","Season":1,"SeriesPremiereDate":"2024-02-11T00:00:00Z","SubTitle":"Missoula","Title":"Tracker"}

Renaming and placing in Import folder pulled down the correct data.

Well even on the Apple TV app link to the paramount + app show episode 4 next in que even though the paramount + app only has the first 2 episodes as aired.

I think the whole process got out of sync because the superbowl went into overtime, and it was set to premiere after the superbowl.

Since I have paramount + ill let that app deal with this silliness

This is so messed up Gracenote has it all wrong I corrected the episode imported it but the guide data still sucks.

It has nothing to do with the Super Bowl. As I said in my reply, on January 29th they initially announced "Springland" as the 2nd episode airing on 2/18, then a week later on 2/8 they revised their schedule and bumped up "Missoula" (which was originally going to air as the 4th episode on 3/3) to 2/18 and pushed "Springland" to 2/25 and "Mt. Shasta" (which was originally going to air on 2/25) to 3/3

The on set publicity photos also show that Missoula was filmed a month after Springland and Mt Shasta, so either the episodes were filmed out of order or CBS is airing it out of order

Gracenote has since corrected the numbering to reflect CBS's airing order so EP045807170004 "Missoula" is now listed as S1E2, EP045807170002 "Springland" is now listed as S1E3, and EP045807170003 "Mt. Shasta" is now listed as S1E4, but I'm not sure if Channels will automatically update the metadata of existing recordings next time you refresh the guide data.

Also, Gracenote's guide data powers a lot more than just Channels DVR. The episode numbering issue also affected DIRECTV, Optimum, Cox, Xfinity, Verizon FiOS, most ex-TWC/Brighthouse Spectrum systems, Bell TV up in Canada where the show is simsubbed by CTV, along with Silicondust/HDHomeRun and anything using Schedules Direct.

That is not what the screenshot above of upcoming shows. It shows it as episode 2.

Channels DVR's software fetches guide data once a day, so you probably still have yesterday's data in the cache. I'm looking at the Gracenote API right now, they corrected the numbering. Zap2it also reflects the corrections.

Thanks, looks good now I deleted and recreated guide DB.

It doesn't, but if you refresh metadata on a previous recording, it should pick up the change.

CBS' Tracker exec producer explains abrupt schedule change as fans left ’so confused’ with ‘out of order’ new episodes CBS' Tracker exec producer explains abrupt schedule change of new episodes

So much more complicated than i thought. I just noticed that at the end of episode 1 he was headed to Colorado, then episode 2 starts and he is getting a mew job that is not Colorado.

This is kind of the problems I've had with anything recorded off foodnetwork.

Foodnetwork says one thing, zap2it (gracenote?) says another - sometimes missing entire seasons and smooshing into another, TVDB has something else. I've seen where zap2it would go back and alter episode numbers.

I would suggest once a few episodes have passed, would be to copy from your "TV" folder and move a copy to "imports>tv" and edit the metadata for that show. Then delete the recording.

Hope that helps. BTW, love Tracker. Love the airstream

1 Like