Wrong Episode Plays

I have season passes for several news shows. Lately, when I try to play the latest edition, it will instead play an older episode.

Normally I access it from the Recordings menu. But even if I go to TV Shows menu and select the specific latest episode, it instead plays the older one. If I delete the older one, telling the latest one to play DOES work correctly.

The issue only occurs on season passes where I have an older episode saved obviously. So KOCO News at 5PM might work. But KOCO News at 10PM (separate season pass) won’t work because I have an older episode saved. I have had Channels for over a year now if that is a factor.

1 Like

What version number is shown in Settings > Support > About

1 Like

Channels 5.8.2

I have changed the play order from the default so that when I watch 10 seasons of an old show, it starts at beginning and moves forward in time. Idk if that could be a factor.

Edit - The problem goes away if I change Settings -> Library -> Airing Order back to default (newest first).

Edit Edit - It sometimes works w/ default setting. So not sure if it had any effect.

Did you figure this one out yet? Or should I post more details?

I am able to play the current episode if I:
1 go to TV Shows
2 select and play the older episode
3 FF to the end and wait for it to to completely end
4 The new episode will now play as normal

I am able to bring the problem back by replaying the older episode and stopping it in the middle.

We will need more details about how and where you're hitting play. A video of the problem would also help.