Wrong timezone for Channels server unRAID Docker

I am running Channels DVR in Docker on unRAID. I setup the docker using the Docker channels-dvr/fancybits repo.

It works great, but the one issue is that the timezone is wrong for the Channels server. I am in CST, but server shows its in PST.

The unRAID host was set to PST when I created the Channels Docker container. But I changed the host timezone to CST and restarted the Channels Docker. But it still shows as in PST.

I am able to access the shell on the Docker container. Is there a way to modify timezone info manually in the Docker?

Should I just restart the service within the Docker? I don't know the shell command to restart the channels-dvr service.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I don't know Docker, except I know it's virtualization. As such: I expect each Docker container would have its own idea of environment such as time zone. I don't know how it's done, but I expect you have to change the instance of the Docker container in which Channels resides to the proper TZ.

1 Like

So I unintentionally fixed the problem.

When I made adjustments to the Docker containers' shares path, it seemed to reboot or re-create the container with the new path settings.

When I opened the web UI for Channels, it now shows as being CST.

So it seems to pull the timezone correctly from the unRAID host. I had just created the Docker container when the host timezone was wrong.

Maybe this will help someone else experiencing similar issue.