Xfinity Cable provider authentication failed

If one has multiple tve sources setup, will the server go down the list until it authentication is successful?

For example, I have xyz channel through Xfinity favorited, but also have same channel on Philo, but not favorited but enabled.

Good question. We users can only assume until we experience it.
I would think it uses the recording priority rules and if it encounters a channel that needs re-authed it will re-auth it. No idea how long it will be stuck trying that if the re-auth fails though.

My understanding from reading between the lines is there's no obvious timestamps in the tokens. Which leads me to believe you can't tell when they expire until you try to use them. That's why I've been keeping track of just three channels for months to figure it out.

1 Like

Working now. Both TVE servers able to reauth channels.

This gives me a list of the channels and the statuses .... but I still would like to do a full scan of TVE from CLI. If anyone has a way to do this Chime in.

https://10.0.0.2:8089/providers/tve/mvpds/Comcast_SSO/scan?all=true

Pretty sure if you got that from the network inspector you ignored the method used.
Most likely a POST, not a GET.
View the dvr log while you issue this curl command.
curl -XPOST http://10.0.0.2:8089/providers/tve/mvpds/Comcast_SSO/scan?all=true

You are correct thanks alot.

You might want to try it from the UI again to see if there are other POST/PUT/PATCH commands issued after it. You're flying blind not knowing how their code works.

It worked exactly what I was hoping for just a Scan. Thanks for your help. I am going to use the list with the status along with the Scan once a week with text notifications if something is wrong with channels I define to check.

So this does a full scan for Xfinity TVE. Cool.
However, is there a way to limit it to just certain channels to re-scan, specifically those favorited?
I only use Xfiniity TVE for 20 channels, the rest are provided via Philo.
I do not need to have it re-scan all channels, and that takes forever as well.

That also shows, for me "not in subscription" channels as well.

That url isn't meant to be used with the GET method.

NO, this does

You're confusing a GET with a POST METHOD.

sorry quoted wrong post.

yes that code. works fine for me i saw the server logs start scanning

1 Like

NO, not that I know of.
You could do like I told Edwin_Perez and use your browsers network inspector.
Rescan an individual channel and see the command used.
Then write a script that gets your favorited channels and executes that command against them.

I really don't think any of this is necessary, as Channels DVR will re-auth channels transparently in the backround when needed as you watch or record them. Unless you know when your tokens will expire and want to force a re-auth before they do. I'm not going to as I'm sure my forced re-auth will happen by a task that triggers when the Xfinity auth servers are having issues. Enough problems to deal with already.

1 Like

You state the use case and possible necessity right in your own post.

To force re-auth at known time.
further more, this allows to see failures. And to be sure the tokens are updated.

The major issue for many of us is that we do not know auth has failed until someone tries to tune live tv, or the server starts a recording. Most users do not baby sit their server or check to see of scheduled recordings actually fire and are working.

Cleary, this is not effective, as it will just keep failing until some point, and mark the recording as failed with the auth error.

To many times now, days after something records, i go to watch it, and it is not possible cause it failed, and i have missed the rerun of it (if there is one).

This way to manually trigger a scan, and re-auth, just saying would be much faster and efficient, in my use case, to be able to limit it to just Favs. I was hoping there would be a easy way to do that...guess not.

Edit: for the urls to make a .m3u export of Channels, there is the "?filter=favorites" code.
not sure if that would work to filter the scan, or it would just filter the output.

Can't argue with that. I don't solely rely on TVE as I have an HDHR Prime and a couple TiVo's as backups.
If you can figure out the minimun re-auth period for your favorite channels with each Provider you use (like I said I monitor three on Xfinity on two Channels DVR servers), you could setup a cron job/Task to rescan them. Assuming what you're doing is what Channels DVR does. I don't know for sure and will not because of that. It's all undocumented and could change at any time.

Let us know after you try it. You're the pioneer.

I setup the scan to run 10 minutes after reboot which I have scheduled once a week ... I then check for certain channels to be true and if they are not true to text and email me. I figure CNN will cover all Turner networks and Discover all their family of networks.

I have a fanless Windows mini PC that does all monitoring and TEXT and Email... on my Network so adding this was not hard.

Would be good to hear from both of you how it goes.
I'm not going down that road, but I understand why you do it.
There are things I will hack and things I will not.
I still use my curl manual time based recordings, Pluto get my EPG on time and some other hacks.
This issue I'm leaving up to the developers to solve becasue I don't need it bad enough to hack it.
Because I'm done with my Pilot/1st Season marathon recordings on four Channels DVR servers.

1 Like