Xfinity - Invalid parameters

Been having a hard time lately keeping my TVE thru xfinity working properly. It starts when authentication fails every week or two. I go through the usual song and dance of deleting TVE tuner, changing my password on Xfinity (a viewer only / non 2FA account), and then re-adding. It takes the usual 30-40 minutes to scan the channels, but always finishes with only about 75% of the available channels. The other 25% (miscellaneous, including disneys, ESPNs, and other sports channels) all say "invalid parameters returned". If I click manage channels, edit, and rescan these individually the error clears and they're added. But it's tedious to do this individually. If I hit rescan all a second time in the same day it usually fails and I get an email from Xfinity to reset my password. Others seeing this?

Seeing it all the time. I had a bunch of channels fail last evening (was working well for about 10 days) and after the "song and dance" I still have a bunch of channels not even showing up in the list. I've just given up on a few and have removed the shows from my queue. I have Amazon Prime and Apple TV+ so maybe it's time to start looking into some alternative programs.

Hate to say it, but welcome to the Xfinity-TVE club.

For me, it's been
Update pre-release
Rescan trouble channels
Remove and Add source
Rescan trouble channels
Fix corrupted Chrome
Bounce server
Rescan trouble channels
Rinse and repeat as needed

Fortunately I haven't seen an Xfinity password reset for quite awhile now (did I just jinx myself?)

1 Like

A manual single channel scan doesn't seem to solve some of my channels. Been like that for awhile. Luckily I don't watch most of the broken ones. I can't remember the last time any of the ESPN's worked.