XFinity NOW on TVE

If anyone has signed up or tried this I would be curious if it works with TVE.

I am tied to fubo for MLB until the end of the season or my team spins up their own DTC offering but I would totally consider this as it actually seems like a very decent offering for the price.

1 Like

I just signed up and tried it. I get a message that says "not in subscription" when trying to add it via TVE...

Bummer so a good deal but not tve friendly

if you get a less expensive plan, expect lacking TVE support unless you use something like LPhilo.

1 Like

Did you try to add it to TV Everywhere by picking "Xfinity" in the list of popular providers? If so, that's not it. The Xfinity source is for Channels DVR users who are subscribed to a cable TV package with Comcast/Xfinity.

At this time, Channels DVR does not support Xfinity NOW. My guess is that it will be added to the list when/if Xfinity NOW works with TVE. Still to be figured out if that will be the case.

Well, for now, are you able to use your NOW credentials to watch live TV on some networks' websites? That will give you an idea if it works with TVE.

3 Likes

I just tried History Channel using my Xfinity NOW credentials and was able to view it on the History Channel website so yes TVE works :slight_smile: Just gotta wait until it gets implemented with Channels...

1 Like

Does this use the XFINITY Stream APP ? on fireTV ?

1 Like

Was it showing up as a separate provider or did you just choose "xfinity"?

2 Likes

I chose Xfinity, there was't another choice...

Just signed up and issue for TVE is under the initial authentication, I get the following:

Auth failed for Comcast_SSO: not in subscription

Additionally under NBC.com receive the following:
"This network is not included in your current Xfinity TV service."

So would it be possible to have it not try initially with
action=auth mvpd=Comcast_SSO requestor=nbcentertainment

Yes uses the Xfinity Stream App

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.