Xfinity tv everywhere login issues

Xfinity was working for me with tv everywhere. I updated my computer and now can't add the source. 2fa is off, but I they are still sending me a code and I am getting a screen asking for the code to be entered. any thoughts?

They may have enabled 2FA so you need to disable it

thank you for the quick reply - I tried it with another user name and it worked. all set.

1 Like

God only knows with Comcast. Sat afternoon as I tried to tune a channel, it hung for probably a minute or two, ultimately returning an error along the lines of tuner unavailable. At the same time I noticed they'd sent me a 2FA code. I never enabled 2FA myself, but after logging into my account, sure enough, it was enabled. I removed it but that did not fix things. I removed and re-added the TVE tuner several times, even changing the password, in both my vacation home as well as a standby server at the service address; neither would log in. It just failed and showed a screenshot of what looked like an 'enter your Xfinity ID' prompt. This was different than a string of issues last year where it seemed to think a bad password had been provided. Fast forward to today, I tried again, and noticed it was hanging forever while adding the tuner. Out of curiosity I then logged into my Xfinity account in a browser and suddenly it started authorizing channels. Craziness. Luckily my contract is up, so I will be evaluating alternatives shortly. If logging in seems to be hanging, you might try logging in to your Comcast account in a browser.

I've been using Xfinity for years with Channels DVR. Ever since they enabled it.
You need to use a secondary viewer only Xfinity account for Channels DVR TVE.
Don't enable 2FA and don't add a recovery email/phone# to the secondary viewer only account (You don't need it if you're the Primary account holder).
Also disable this on your main account TVE Troubleshooting tips - #4 by chDVRuser
Sometimes when authenticating to view/record a channel, Channels DVR gets hung-up because Xfinity asks you to add a recovery email/phone to your secondary viewer only account and Channels DVR can't handle it and fails. Hopefully the devs have or are fixing that issue.