Xfinity TV Go on Channels

I can't figure how to get Xfinity Stream working directly on FireTV, so I think using Channels is a good way.

Since the Xfinity account I'm using won't be on it's home wifi, it will only be able to view the "TV Go" channels. Will Channels work in this configuration, where it can show me only "TV Go" channels in the channel guide? I'm not talking about setting up Channels DVR, I'm asking if Channels can show me only "TV Go" channels in the guide.

Channels does not use the Xfinity stream. Channels uses your Xfinity login to access the websites for the TV networks (CNN, TBS, TNT, etc.). Using the Xfinity login is also know as TVE.

Read more here:

AND you have to use a Channels DVR Server and subscribe to Channels DVR Plus to get TVE channels.
Using a basic Channels Client only allows viewing direct from supported HDHOMERUN tuners with limited guide data.

Right, but in other words- can Channels work with an Xfinity account that is limited to TV Go channels.

channels only work if they have a web site to where you can watch online and if your Xfinity account has that channel in the package, very simple honestly.

I don't have Xfinity, but I have Spectrum at my home back east. The Spectrum App is limited to TV Go channels if I'm not on the Spectrum Internet from my home. My Spectrum account allows me to login to any of the networks web sites regardless of my Internet connection. Since Channels does not use the Xfinity streaming app, you should be okay to use the login for all of the channels that Channels supports.

you are correct mike_here, it only uses your Login info, has nothing to do with the streaming apps like Xfinity or Spectrum, it has to do with the Networks and if they allow live streaming on there web sites.

oh ok, i'm understanding now. So I am limited not to all "TV Go" channels, but which channels have a streaming mechanism available. Is there a way to determine which networks allow the live streaming? I'm trying to have it all figured ahead of time. I'm hoping I dont need to install ChannelsDVR Server and sign up just to find out which channels will be available.

edit: just found https://thestreamable.com/tv-everywhere-apps but that doesnt show Xfinity as a provider

again, it has nothing to do with xfinity at all, it has to do what networks provides online streaming from there site, and if your subscription from your tv provider has that in your package or not.

if your subscription from your tv provider has that in your package or not

isnt that what i said? if not, how do i find out if my tv provider has that in my package or not.

See

Basically you can go to a site like watch.hgtv.com or cc.com/live-tv and see if they have Xfinity login option and a live stream. Or you can setup the DVR with a free trial and do a scan and see what comes in.

well that's pretty perfect. thanks.