Xfinity TVE Issue

Was that when you logged into nbc/live or did you put it in Channels DVR?
Maybe Xfinity has updated their auth to accept full email addresses now.

thursday i logged into the xfinity website and it said i needed to change my password, so i did....last night i logged into the nbc live via the link above with my xfinity account and it said i needed to change my password again...after doing that it worked

I was having the same problems after the Comcast-initiated "need to change your password." I went from about 140 TVE channels to about 60. I tried some of the things referenced in this thread (deleting the source, waiting 48 hours, etc) but I saw one suggestion that said we have to call Comcast customer service and they need to do something on their end.

I was able to do this via their chat system after I was able to chat with a real person. At first, there was some effort to blame my end of things (maybe my network, maybe my connection to the Xfinity broadband, etc) but none of that had changed for me.

The KEY was to make it a problem with the Xfinity Stream app not showing many Live Channels in the guide. There I had only 5 video TOGO channels showing and about 10 Stingray music channels... where formerly, it was hundreds of video channels and many Music Choice channels too.

Once I shared that, they put me on hold a few times and kept coming back with "now try it." Close the app, reopen, same. On hold, wait, "now try it". Close the app, reopen, same. On hold yet again, wait, "now try it." And after a few rounds of this, suddenly the app reloaded with what I recalled as the many channels available there.

I checked a few random ones for playback on the tablet. They played. So I thanked Xfinity chat service help and closed the chat.

Then, I go right into Channels, Settings via website browser. Added a "new source" (since I had TVE closed for another potential 48-hour wait) and attempted the TVE login again. This time was different. I could see it scanning many more channels than it had in the latest rounds of tries.

And now, I have 141 TVE channels in Channels again.

As much as I hate to suggest it, the direct solution to this problem seems to be to call or chat with Comcast until you get live help and make the problem NOT about Channels but about the mobile Xfinity Stream app not showing all the channels it used to show. Once they show there, Channels TVE will probably reload all the TVE channels too.

1 Like

Sounds like a different situation, with only the possibility of being related.
TVE and Channels functionality has nothing to do with the Xfinty stream website, it only uses the Xfinity login credentials, that has some tie in as well to Adobe made Authentication system, as far as i under stand it.

For me, the ONLY thing that did not work or authorize was Channels DVR server...all other places including the Xfinty Stream site and specific network sites/apps.

If you were only seeing the To Go channels on the Stream site, then i would first check to make sure you did not have the Filter set to only show those.
If u truly only had to go or certain cahnnels showing in the Stream site, than that is a new/separate scenario or issue with your account or package on Comcasts side I would think.

I know for a fact, that calling into or chatting with Comcast support for issues with TVE, is useless, those reps have no idea what TVE is and most certainly will of course immediately shut down and tell u "sory, can't help you" if u tell them you are trying to use TVE from Xfinity in Channels DVR. But, if you are suggesting that you lie to them, and say u can't see most channels on the online Stream site, that may trigger them to "Fix" something.
Though, my guess is all they did to "fix" things, is reset the authentication retry limit block thing that seems to be the cause of Channels not being able to accept the TVE creds.

Again, I had lots of TVE channels in Channels, Comcast forced the password change and then I had few (almost none of the TVE channels I cared about). I was trying many of the things referenced in this thread. However, in this or another thread, I saw a post about contacting Comcast directly.

No lies required. Almost all video channels were missing from the Xfinity Stream app too. There was no filter confusion on my end. I was trying to see "ALL channels" in the app guide. I certainly know how to use the app. There were only about 5 video channels and about 10 Stingray music channels in total available in the guide.

With the person on the chat, I didn't even mention TVE (or Channels) to them. Instead, I made the problem theirs by pointing out how the bulk of the channels formerly accessible in the Xfinity Stream mobile app were no longer accessible in that app. This effectively made it THEIR problem. They apparently jumped through some hoops on their end and their mobile app channels became accessible again in the app.

Minutes later, I then did a fresh attempt at getting the TVE source working in Channels again and all of the missing channels came back in Channels.

I'll grant you that this could be just a timing coincidence that had nothing at all to do with Comcast doing something on their end.

Suspicion: there is some authentication issue on Comcast's end with the new passwords forced upon us. Metaphorically, they made us get new keys but did not put in the new locks for those keys in this part of their service. Someone there needs to reboot/reset/re-authenticate the new login to make their own App revive missing channels. In doing whatever they do for that, it apparently fixes the TVE inaccessibility too... or at least did for me.

If anyone gets tired of waiting 48 hours or setting up dedicated login email only for TVE, etc, perhaps a simple chat session or phone call may work for you too? It did for me.

The issue here, and what us users here experience was that ALL TVE Xfinty channels stopped working, would not authorize, and get Chrome Auth timeout. Not some.
Deleting the source, then trying to adding it back, and the Chrome form that Channels uses did not accept the username/password that is know to be correct.

The first thread on this was the one i created. This one, someone else made, pretty much should be merged into the main one.

If i understand correctly, you are saying that only some of your Xinfity TVE channels stopped working?

No, I was getting that same "Chrom Auth" timeout message too.

By "some" TVE channels, the former list was about 140 and then it was only about 60- none of which I cared about. I don't remember trying to see if they worked or not. Channels was simply showing that I still had about 60. In hindsight now, I wish I had tried some of them to see if any would play.

Chat session to bring accessibility back to channels in their mobile app and wallah... a fresh scan in Channels brought back the TVE channels I care about. I have since looked at some of them and they ARE working.

WHo realy wants to deal with Comcast suport..they are e WORST rated company for CS in the world....lolz. anyway. I tried chat and the system woudl not verify the account address, does not think the service address is correct, even though it is. Calling in is a mixed back of luck, i coudl not get through the automated system to a person, tired for about 40 min.

Interesting.
For me and others, the number of channels never changed in Channels DVR, just none of them worked. A rescan would just result in the spinning Circe then woudl just fail.

Do what you wish.

There is a problem shared in this thread. I've posted a potential solution that did work for me. It could be coincidence but I suspect the action I took did solve this problem (for me) too. I offered the idea not to praise or pan Comcast customer service but to try to contribute a potential solution that does not involve waiting 48 hours or setting up a new username, etc.

Yea, i understand that, and thanks for your input and statement of what worked for you.
But like i said, may or may not be the same exact issue, or root cause of issue.
Especially i question is since u say you also did not see the channels on the Xfinity Stream site, and the number of avaible channels changed in Channels DVR server, those ARE key unique difference in symptoms here.

The devs posted in the main thread that is appears to be "rate limit issue" of trying to much to fast to authorize a device (TVE) and that caused the failure to authenticate when trying to re-add it. only waiting to after the limit time period has worked so far.
Of course, calling in and having them reset it or mess with your account, may result in that limit being reset and resulting in the ability re-add Channels DVR...that is kinda a assumed given solution tatic.

TVE is a Fickle Mistress.

For me I got it to work after forced changing of my secondary Xfinity account password by logging into nbc/live in a PC web browser and then adding Xfinity TVE in Channels. Before I did the separate nbc/live login I kept getting a screenshot when trying to add the Channels TVE account that said need to change your passowrd. Maybe some caching on Channels end or Xfinity's end.
Plenty of posts showing there are issues.

For me, once I get the Xfinity TVE channels scanned and added, they're very stable.

If I ever loose one or more channels I will update to the latest pre-release DVR and attempt to rescan the individual channels instead of rescan all or delete and re-add.

I just created a Viewer account that has no access and cannot change the password... and it appears to be working ... will no longer delete and re-add XFINITY TVE... because I see that if it fails it will eventually come back.

I don’t know the count offhand but a lot of the TVE channels are “freebies” that don’t even use your provider credentials. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are sixty of these, so having 60 channels may very well mean your provider authentication isn’t working for any.

True, at last count 62 of them starting with 6700

6700 AS-RICKANDMORTY
6701 AS-THEERICANDRE
6702 AS-THEVENTUREBROS
6703 AS-OFFTHEAIR
6704 AS-MRPICKLES
6705 AS-ROBOTCHICKEN
6706 AS-BLACKJESUS
6707 AS-AQUATEENHUNGER
6708 AS-SAMURAIJACK
6709 AS-INFOMERCIALS
6750 BUZZR
6751 COMET
6752 CHARGE
6753 CONTV
6754 REVN
6755 TBD
6756 DOVE
6757 NASA
6758 NBCNEWS
6759 NEWSNET
6760 CHEDDAR
6761 CHEDDARBIZ
6762 ETLIVE
6763 FRANCE24
6764 NEWSMAX
6765 CBSSPORTSHQ
6766 CBSNEWS
6767 ABCNEWS
6768 BLOOMBERG
6769 NHKWORLD
6770 COURTTV
6771 DW
6772 CAS
6773 CMCUSA
6774 CMC
6776 WEATHERNATION
6777 PBSKIDS
6778 FSTV
6779 RT-AMERICA
6780 ALJAZEERA
6781 DABL
6782 STADIUM
6783 AMGTV
6784 LX
6900 EWTN
6950 EVINE
6951 HSN
6952 HSN2
6953 QVC
6954 QVC2
6955 QVC3
6970 NY-CBSNEWS
6972 LA-CBSNEWS
6973 LA-KTLA
6974 BOS-CBSNEWS
6975 SF-CBSNEWS
6976 MINN-CBSNEWS
6977 DEN-CBSNEWS
6978 PIT-CBSNEWS
6979 PHI-CBSNEWS
6980 CHI-CBSNEWS
6981 DAL-CBSNEWS

I didn't take note of the 60 or so channels I had while the rest of the TVE channels were missing but that does look like the list. I do recall my 60 starting with that first group in that list. And the TVE channels I actually tend to watch sometimes are mostly not in that list of 60.

and comcast is broken again :frowning:

My Xfinity Channels are still working fine...at this moment.

Good to have someone to share the misery with

its been almost a week since an update as well 2020.08.12.1854, maybe the "beta" updates broke it?