Xfinity TVE Issue

I was having issues with my Xfinity and TVE. I removed my account from TVE and I get the below error. I am able to login to the Xfinity website, HBO Max and other apps related to my Xfinity account.

Try with your username?

1 Like

Many have had that issue..Xfinity focred password reset for many. Check that first.
Otherwise, wait a full 48hrs before u try to add it back into Channels.
U are hitting some sort of time out or security rate limit block. See this thread.

Thanks, it made me change my password when I logged into the website 15 minutes ago....still not working and same error

where do i find my username? i have only used my email address since day 1 of TVE

In you Xfinty portal under account info somewhere.
Dont use email, as that makes some channels not work, says the Xfinity TVE thread.

U will need to wait 48 hrs before you can add it to Channels.
Every time u try, u reset their lockout time.
Comcast changed something in how they authorize TVE now.
Read the thread i posted link to.

AFAICT, this issue only seems to affect DVRs trying to use an Xfinity account in a location that's different than the Xfinity service address. Is that accurate?

Not in my case.
I posted something about this TVE not working - Chrome auth_timed out (Xfinity) when I setup Xfinity TVE on my NAS on July 22nd I had that issue where Xfinity wanted me to update my secondary account, which I did, but then it wouldn't work until I logged into nbc/live from my PC, then my NAS was able to setup Xfinity TVE and scan channels. After that I logged out of nbc/live and it's been working since then.

If you want I can send you the 1562 lines of logs from that.

your username is 'username' @ comcast.net
Don't use the full email address as it doesn't work for all TVE channels, only some.
username works for all TVE channels.

1 Like

it still fails when i try the username, ill give it 48 hours and try again

IT WORKED BUT WITH MY EMAIL ADDRESS AND NOT USERNAME

thanks all!!!

Was that when you logged into nbc/live or did you put it in Channels DVR?
Maybe Xfinity has updated their auth to accept full email addresses now.

thursday i logged into the xfinity website and it said i needed to change my password, so i did....last night i logged into the nbc live via the link above with my xfinity account and it said i needed to change my password again...after doing that it worked

I was having the same problems after the Comcast-initiated "need to change your password." I went from about 140 TVE channels to about 60. I tried some of the things referenced in this thread (deleting the source, waiting 48 hours, etc) but I saw one suggestion that said we have to call Comcast customer service and they need to do something on their end.

I was able to do this via their chat system after I was able to chat with a real person. At first, there was some effort to blame my end of things (maybe my network, maybe my connection to the Xfinity broadband, etc) but none of that had changed for me.

The KEY was to make it a problem with the Xfinity Stream app not showing many Live Channels in the guide. There I had only 5 video TOGO channels showing and about 10 Stingray music channels... where formerly, it was hundreds of video channels and many Music Choice channels too.

Once I shared that, they put me on hold a few times and kept coming back with "now try it." Close the app, reopen, same. On hold, wait, "now try it". Close the app, reopen, same. On hold yet again, wait, "now try it." And after a few rounds of this, suddenly the app reloaded with what I recalled as the many channels available there.

I checked a few random ones for playback on the tablet. They played. So I thanked Xfinity chat service help and closed the chat.

Then, I go right into Channels, Settings via website browser. Added a "new source" (since I had TVE closed for another potential 48-hour wait) and attempted the TVE login again. This time was different. I could see it scanning many more channels than it had in the latest rounds of tries.

And now, I have 141 TVE channels in Channels again.

As much as I hate to suggest it, the direct solution to this problem seems to be to call or chat with Comcast until you get live help and make the problem NOT about Channels but about the mobile Xfinity Stream app not showing all the channels it used to show. Once they show there, Channels TVE will probably reload all the TVE channels too.

1 Like

Sounds like a different situation, with only the possibility of being related.
TVE and Channels functionality has nothing to do with the Xfinty stream website, it only uses the Xfinity login credentials, that has some tie in as well to Adobe made Authentication system, as far as i under stand it.

For me, the ONLY thing that did not work or authorize was Channels DVR server...all other places including the Xfinty Stream site and specific network sites/apps.

If you were only seeing the To Go channels on the Stream site, then i would first check to make sure you did not have the Filter set to only show those.
If u truly only had to go or certain cahnnels showing in the Stream site, than that is a new/separate scenario or issue with your account or package on Comcasts side I would think.

I know for a fact, that calling into or chatting with Comcast support for issues with TVE, is useless, those reps have no idea what TVE is and most certainly will of course immediately shut down and tell u "sory, can't help you" if u tell them you are trying to use TVE from Xfinity in Channels DVR. But, if you are suggesting that you lie to them, and say u can't see most channels on the online Stream site, that may trigger them to "Fix" something.
Though, my guess is all they did to "fix" things, is reset the authentication retry limit block thing that seems to be the cause of Channels not being able to accept the TVE creds.

Again, I had lots of TVE channels in Channels, Comcast forced the password change and then I had few (almost none of the TVE channels I cared about). I was trying many of the things referenced in this thread. However, in this or another thread, I saw a post about contacting Comcast directly.

No lies required. Almost all video channels were missing from the Xfinity Stream app too. There was no filter confusion on my end. I was trying to see "ALL channels" in the app guide. I certainly know how to use the app. There were only about 5 video channels and about 10 Stingray music channels in total available in the guide.

With the person on the chat, I didn't even mention TVE (or Channels) to them. Instead, I made the problem theirs by pointing out how the bulk of the channels formerly accessible in the Xfinity Stream mobile app were no longer accessible in that app. This effectively made it THEIR problem. They apparently jumped through some hoops on their end and their mobile app channels became accessible again in the app.

Minutes later, I then did a fresh attempt at getting the TVE source working in Channels again and all of the missing channels came back in Channels.

I'll grant you that this could be just a timing coincidence that had nothing at all to do with Comcast doing something on their end.

Suspicion: there is some authentication issue on Comcast's end with the new passwords forced upon us. Metaphorically, they made us get new keys but did not put in the new locks for those keys in this part of their service. Someone there needs to reboot/reset/re-authenticate the new login to make their own App revive missing channels. In doing whatever they do for that, it apparently fixes the TVE inaccessibility too... or at least did for me.

If anyone gets tired of waiting 48 hours or setting up dedicated login email only for TVE, etc, perhaps a simple chat session or phone call may work for you too? It did for me.

The issue here, and what us users here experience was that ALL TVE Xfinty channels stopped working, would not authorize, and get Chrome Auth timeout. Not some.
Deleting the source, then trying to adding it back, and the Chrome form that Channels uses did not accept the username/password that is know to be correct.

The first thread on this was the one i created. This one, someone else made, pretty much should be merged into the main one.

If i understand correctly, you are saying that only some of your Xinfity TVE channels stopped working?

No, I was getting that same "Chrom Auth" timeout message too.

By "some" TVE channels, the former list was about 140 and then it was only about 60- none of which I cared about. I don't remember trying to see if they worked or not. Channels was simply showing that I still had about 60. In hindsight now, I wish I had tried some of them to see if any would play.

Chat session to bring accessibility back to channels in their mobile app and wallah... a fresh scan in Channels brought back the TVE channels I care about. I have since looked at some of them and they ARE working.

WHo realy wants to deal with Comcast suport..they are e WORST rated company for CS in the world....lolz. anyway. I tried chat and the system woudl not verify the account address, does not think the service address is correct, even though it is. Calling in is a mixed back of luck, i coudl not get through the automated system to a person, tired for about 40 min.

Interesting.
For me and others, the number of channels never changed in Channels DVR, just none of them worked. A rescan would just result in the spinning Circe then woudl just fail.