XML refresh issue

I'm using XML guide data for an m3u source. The m3u source actually has no EPG data, so the m3u editor I am using creates a dummy epg entry for the XML using the channel name. The source is ESPN+, so the channel name for each channel (therefore, the XML dummy epg guide data) changes each day with the event on each channel. I have the XML set to refresh every 12 hours in my DVR source settings. When the source does update each day and the XML updates, I'm seeing an issue where guide data is a hodgepodge of old and new XML data. One example is on the grid guide on TvOS. Channel guide entires for this source flicker between the old data and new data as i scroll through the guide. It's almost as if the old XML data isn't overwritten with the latest data upon refresh, and the two are competing with each other. The obvious fix for this is to delete and recreate the guide database in DVR settings each day, but that is a PIA. Is this behavior of competing XML guide data (old vs. new) a bug, or do I need to tweak some update settings?

Which client device

Apple TV