YouTube TV - blocked by Google - almost fixed

getting the below when trying to add YT. I have added in the past no problem. I have verified I am using a secure connection and getting same from different browsers. Not seeing the ability to add a source from the stand alone app.

Blocked by Google: This browser or app may not be secure

https://community.getchannels.com/search?q=This%20browser%20or%20app%20may%20not%20be%20secure%20order:latest

1 Like

Ok. I read over others solution and went with the docker solution. I was able to install channels and authenticate to YTTV via the docker. Is it possible to move the authentication from the docker to my non docker version. I would hope I could copy and paste a file/folder and then be all set and good to go.

Did you do the docker method on the Pi4?

No. I have the docker installed on the synology NAS. I have channels installed on my NAS as a docker and as a normal program.

I had the same problems and finally gave up. I switched to direct tv stream and get a few more channels , same price, and works way better. I am using a Synology nas. I didn't want to mess with docker.

2 Likes

I think I have a way I could do it but haven't tried. i have it set up in docker. I think I could back up my config in docker. run the native app and restore from config that would have my authentication set up. But it's working in docker so all good. not messing with it. I acutally got YTTV working on a pi also just for fun but oddly YTTV works fine but my OTA antenna pulls the guide and finds the channels, but won't play. not sure what that is about.

Can you share your Docker script setup?

did you get this working. sorry, I don't log in very often. I am just now seeing this.

No, I did not. Can you share a working Docker script?

Wanted to share my experience on getting YTTV working.

My Channels is on an Ubuntu VM (not in a docker).
I access the IP:8089/admin page on my Windows 10 desktop with Chrome browser.
Got the "blocked by Google" message when trying to add a new YTTV basic account (that worked fine a few months ago before I cancelled).

1. So, I then logged into my Ubuntu VM and brought up Firefox and tried to add it there but got the same error.
  2. Then, I installed Chrome.
  3. Logged into YTTV in Chrome.
  4. Brought up IP:8089/admin in Chrome and successfully added YTTV there.

1 Like

I'm on a synology.
I gave up and use Fubo and Philo for those have to haves.
I've also installed ADB Tuner to get things done and had good luck controling a couple of onn boxes logged into YTTV.