Zoom modes?

I use channels iOS to watch NFL games when I’m on the road or working out. Many channels pillarbox and/or shrink the video to put a ticker, scores, etc. at the bottom of the screen. On a small screen like a phone or iPad, it would be great to enable a zoom mode to extend the video to the full width of the screen. Many video apps offer this (even the TiVo app did when I still used TiVo). Is this a feature I am just not finding in the iOS client? Or is it missing? If missing, I’d LOVE to see the feature added.

2 Likes

100% agree. Pinch or double tap to fill screen

1 Like

Agreed, so much! Thanks for bringing it up. It's been on my wishlist. For me it's a different reason though. I requested it before in a different thread:

This functionality works very well on the native tvOS player and I wish Channels worked the same. We end up watching most ambilight-enhanced movies using the TV app instead of Channels because of this.

This idea might also be relevant to folks in this thread, aiming to avoid sports score spoilers. I linked this idea there to share.

I would add that this might also be useful for Apple TV for certain broadcast types such as game replays on NFL Network where they shrink the 16:9 network broadcast so they can put a permanent ticker at the bottom of the screen. So… useful on all form factors IMO.