30 Second Skip Forward on Recording in Progress

I know this was an issue and was fixed a while back, but I’m seeing issues with this again on the latest 2.1.34 ATV app. Anyone else?

What remote and buttons are you using to skip forward?

Right side of touchpad click on ATV 4 Siri remote

I’ve seen behavior where sometimes you can’t jump forward past a certain point, usually the point which was live when you originally started watching.

Usually going into scrub mode will let you seek past, or leaving the player and resuming the recording again also works.

Is this what you’re seeing, or something different?

Not sure if this is what was happening but it’s definitely possible. I will keep this situation in mind the next time I notice it. The issue happened earlier tonight, and I’ve noticed it a few other times in the recent past, but it is very intermittent…it works normally the most of the time.

Yeah, I can confirm this is still happening. It’s intermittent, some days yes and some days no. Haven’t been able to pinpoint the cause…

This sounds like the issue that my wife is experiencing when recording Wimbledon. Hopefully, you can get a fix out before the U.S. Open.

It’s happened to me when randomely too. Sometimes when I start a recording from the top shelf and other times random. If you swipe up to kill the app in the switcher, it fixes it.

Yes, we experience this jumping back to the beginning when trying to FF when recording and it is consistent. ATV4, current non-beta OS, Siri controller.