6156 Marquee Sports missing on xfinity

I had to re-setup xfinity TVE yesterday and everything came back except 6156 Marquee Sports. It is not even listed as an option when I manage channels, so it does not seem to be an authentication issue. I am running Ver. 2021.03.26.1742 on my windows desktop.

Marquee has changed their stream format to something that is incompatible with Channels. It is no longer available through our TVE integration.

Ugh! I wonder why they would make that change. I hope this is not an indication of future moves by other services.

Marquee finding new ways to be difficult, just in time for opening day!

Hopefully, this is something that can find its way onto the future request list. Really dislike the idea of having to go back to an Xfinity DVR box just to record a Cubs game. Channels has me spoiled!

That is true, and that is not true. Yes, on the Marquee website, to the average user, the stream is now a protected .mpd stream, that yes, Channels DVR does not support. What is not shown to the average user, and is used on some websites I visit, is that Marquee still has an .m3u8 stream that is tokened. It is not shown to the average user on the Marquee website, more than likely due to the user agent. But yes, by default Marquee now uses a .mpd stream, but Marquee still has an .m3u8 stream.

1 Like

Is this still true? Really disappointing that Marquee did this...but not surprised either.

Yes, Marquee switched to the mpd format, and is why the channel no longer works on Channels DVR.

That's only part of reason. MPD/MPEG-DASH streams are not necessarily a deal-breaker for a stream being incompatible with Channels. The real reason is that the stream is using Widevine DRM encryption with its MPD/Dash delivery, and the DRM is the reason Marquee streams are no longer available.

1 Like

Precisely that.

With the Marquee Sports Network relaunch does anyone know if this is still DRM protected? Im sure it is, but wanted to ask. Looks like its still an MPEG-DASH stream

Was just able to able to pull the stream into VLC and does not appear to be DRM'd

Oh sweet!

@tmm1 any chance the channel could be readded? I would love to be able to purchase marquee directly and be able to login using those credentials through channels but Im guessing that might not be possible...