ADBTuner: A "channel tuning" application for networked Google TV / Android TV devices

How were you able to find the URL for the Xfinity stream channels? Specifically this part :(/1920/5232923399725817105/HBOHW)

I bought up XFINITY on a webbrowser Click on the channel and It Gives you the link ... the 1920 is just a placeholder where the title would be...

1 Like

@turtletank ,

One of My Firesticks went to sleep do you have a wake command anywhere in your source this is what I use to check if asleep and wake up... I set it to never sleep but sometimes after an update the settings gets back to default.

adb -s %device% shell "dumpsys power | grep =Awake" >NUL
set ret=%errorlevel%
if "%ret%" == "1" adb -s %device% shell input keyevent KEYCODE_WAKEUP

Yep. When tuning ADBTuner checks if the device is awake and if not sends a wake command. If the device was asleep some extra time is also allotted for tuning.

The logs include text indicating the state of the device prior to launching a channel.

This won’t keep the device awake permanently. At the moment I think that’s best left to being configured on the device itself.

1 Like

I have personally set my device not to go to sleep.
The android just waits for ADB Tuner to send commands etc.
I'm planning to hook up a second ONN box and at least have two rouces ready t use.

Maybe someone can help me with this ...

Getting Devices in use? - Playground - Channels Community (getchannels.com)

I just added a J-tech encoder to my setup to go with my ex-vist.
personally, the ex-vist seems to be a better pfoformer over the j-tech but I need to know what settings people are using.
I'm getting a lot of buffering.
I'm planning to use ONN streaming boxes for both tuners.
If anyone is looking to set up the configuration, get the Ex-vist HDMI encoder. it is more user-friendly, especially for a first-time setup.

I found the big culprit for me was the h264 profile used. Some clients didn’t like “high” profile, but “main” worked without buffering. I’m otherwise using these settings in both my uRaycoders:

1 Like

There is no fix for this right now in ADBTuner, but eventually there will be something in place to catch things like this and close the stream. Releasing the tuner lock won't stop the recording.

1 Like

Thanks ... looks like you are already aware of the problem ...
Good to know so the only Option I have is to release tuner lock and restart the DVR Server (to stop the Recording)

Trying to finish getting this set up. Running it on a container in Unraid, static IP, custom bridge just link most all the rest of mine. I have an iSeevy HDMI encoder with a Tivo Stream 4K plugged in, and if i use the http://x.x.x.x/0.ts in VLC I can see the TS4K streamed image (x.x.x.x being the encoder IP).

In ADBTuner I added a tuner with name, x.x.x.x and http://x.x.x.x/0.ts entries. I have green Connection established, red Android Connection Failed, and gray Available bubbles in the tuner area after adding it. USB Debugging is enabled, but I never saw any sort of authorization prompt, either.

Any idea what else I need to do?

Make sure your device is not connected via ADB to another PC.

Got it. I realized when adding the tuner, it should be name, the TS4K address, and then the http://x.x.x.x/0.ts with the IP of the encoder. Didn't get an authorization prompt but updating that got me to bubbles that are green Endpoint Connection Successful and green Android 10 as well as the gray Available. Getting close!

if you make any change to that encoder always do a reboot.
]The thing has been challenging.

1 Like

Have you had any problems with Fubo and the who's watching prompt?

3 Likes

Just had one last night. Lost a couple of recordings :frowning: It's so disappointing, as it works just fine otherwise.

I'm now trying to figure out the RiverTV URL scheme instead. (if anyone has any general tips for reversing deep links I'm all ears haha!)

It seems like as long as the app stays open, it works.
If I switch to a channel on Hulu, the next time it launces Fubo, I get the who's watching prompt.

Spoke too soon. I got one the next morning.
If there was some way to send a Select Button click, that would fix it.

I hate to say it but if you switch back to the original HDMI encoder exe and scripts you can do whatever you want, that's what I did.

You can figure out what works and send it with specific adb commands per provider in the tune scripts, in other words.

Unfortunately that single button click opens a whole can of worms as it could pause the video, select another program, etc. if the “who’s watching” dialog isn’t on screen.

Outside of analyzing video frames looking for some specific text or hoping Fubo writes something to the logs when the profile screen is loaded I don’t think there is a good way to know this for sure.

You could probably get something working via a series of timed commands (ex. open app, wait X seconds, send select button click, wait X seconds, send am start command) but that’s out of scope for ADBTuner. HDMI for Channels would be a better choice for apps that don’t provide the ability to non-interactively load deep linked content.

1 Like

Copy that...
I'm actually pretty sick of the fragmented nature of live TV, not to mention the high cost.
I could switch to another source, but then I would lose Regional Sports. As I see it, the only reason for live TV is Sports and possibly news. I have thought about going to TDS (my internet provider) No idea if that would work with this though.

Thanks for all the effort on this project!