ADBTuner: A "channel tuning" application for networked Google TV / Android TV devices

ADBTuner has been solid for a long time now (Thanks @turtletank!) but this past week I had two recordings that started fine and sometime into the recording it seems like the ADB device either reset or it was like someone pressed the home button because the remainder of the recording is of the GoogleTV homepage. Other recordings have been fine so it's not very reproducible. It did not dawn on me to check the logs until it was too late.

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this behavior?

2 Likes

What service are you trying to record from?
I've been using Philo and honestly, I hate it.
The platform will buffer occasionally.
I use Fubo or Sling and it is really nice.
I'm about ready to give Philo the boot.
I haven't had enough experience with Sling to know what I'm doing.
YTTV is solid. no buffering and the channels work well on my internet connection.

how many streams can stream at one time?

I am recording off of YTTV. No sure if it was trying to record two streams at once but that is possible. Seems really intermittent.

I'm using the YTTV account just for Chnnels.
If i have people use the account and they are on my network, i will get 4k package.

26 posts were split to a new topic: ADBTuner without hardware encoder

Anyone got NBA league pass setup with Youtube TV yet? I signed up for the 7 day trial to see if I could figure it out.

Here is the link that goes in ADB tuner.

Is there an easy way to clear the channel list from ADBTuner without having to wax the docker container?

I asked for this feature also! On the Import/Export dialog there should be an option to merge input or Overwrite existing.

Anyone look any further into FreeCast? Still cannot get ADBTuner to even open FreeCast, much less tune a channel. I poked around the apk last night, and found this info. But, I'm afraid I've run to the limit of my knowledge.

package: name='com.freecast.watch' versionCode='77' versionName='2.2.0' platformBuildVersionName='13' platformBuildVersionCode='33' compileSdkVersion='33' compileSdkVersionCodename='13'
sdkVersion:'26'
targetSdkVersion:'33'
uses-permission: name='android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE'
uses-permission: name='android.permission.WAKE_LOCK'
uses-permission: name='android.permission.INTERNET'
uses-permission: name='android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE'
uses-permission: name='com.google.android.gms.permission.AD_ID'
uses-permission: name='android.permission.CHANGE_WIFI_MULTICAST_STATE'
uses-permission: name='android.permission.QUERY_ALL_PACKAGES'
uses-permission: name='android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED'
uses-permission: name='android.permission.FOREGROUND_SERVICE'
uses-permission: name='android.permission.POST_NOTIFICATIONS'
uses-permission: name='com.google.android.c2dm.permission.RECEIVE'
uses-permission: name='com.google.android.finsky.permission.BIND_GET_INSTALL_REFERRER_SERVICE'
uses-permission: name='com.freecast.watch.DYNAMIC_RECEIVER_NOT_EXPORTED_PERMISSION'
application-label:'FreeCast'
application-icon-160:'res/mipmap-anydpi-v26/ic_launcher_fc.xml'
application-icon-240:'res/mipmap-anydpi-v26/ic_launcher_fc.xml'
application-icon-320:'res/mipmap-anydpi-v26/ic_launcher_fc.xml'
application-icon-480:'res/mipmap-anydpi-v26/ic_launcher_fc.xml'
application-icon-640:'res/mipmap-anydpi-v26/ic_launcher_fc.xml'
application-icon-65534:'res/mipmap-anydpi-v26/ic_launcher_fc.xml'
application-icon-65535:'res/mipmap-anydpi-v26/ic_launcher_fc.xml'
application: label='FreeCast' icon='res/mipmap-anydpi-v26/ic_launcher_fc.xml'
launchable-activity: name='com.freecast.watch.ui.activities.LoginActivity' label='FreeCast' icon=''
uses-library-not-required:'androidx.window.extensions'
uses-library-not-required:'androidx.window.sidecar'
feature-group: label=''
uses-feature: name='android.hardware.faketouch'
uses-implied-feature: name='android.hardware.faketouch' reason='default feature for all apps'
uses-feature: name='android.hardware.screen.landscape'
uses-implied-feature: name='android.hardware.screen.landscape' reason='one or more activities have specified a landscape orientation'
uses-feature: name='android.hardware.screen.portrait'
uses-implied-feature: name='android.hardware.screen.portrait' reason='one or more activities have specified a portrait orientation'
uses-feature: name='android.hardware.wifi'
uses-implied-feature: name='android.hardware.wifi' reason='requested android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE permission, and requested android.permission.CHANGE_WIFI_MULTICAST_STATE permission'
main
other-activities
other-receivers
other-services
supports-screens: 'small' 'normal' 'large' 'xlarge'
supports-any-density: 'true'
locales: '--_--'
densities: '160' '240' '320' '480' '640' '65534' '65535'

When you use a firestick or other device, does Freecast allow for clicking to go directly to the stream?
Freestream needs to be able to support deep linking.

Finally jumped into ADBTuner. I am using 2 J-Tech JTD-220. I have discovered they don't like running 1080 above 30FPS. You can change it to 60 but the CPU's go and stay high. At 720 - 60FPS, they run perfectly. Anyone found a better enocder that will handle 60 FPS? FYI, I am using Firestick 4k, running Android 11.

My Ex-vist encoder works great.
I'm running 1080p 60FPS and it just works.
No heat issues. I'm using the Onn 4 k boxes.

I've been a big fan of the LinkPi ENC1 V3. It easily handles 1080P60. You can read my detailed write up here from the Android HDMI for Windows thread:

1 Like

I appologize for not finding this... Can anyone forward the NBC PKG info for both Firestick and Android.

I am failing guessing it.

Thanks!

Nevermind...fogot compatibility mode.

Just a small update. I was able to get this for under $200 with the use of some coupons and it appears to be the identical unit I got from eBay. It’s probably the cheapest option I’ve found. I will put it through some burn in testing but so far I haven’t been able to find a difference.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKpglbK

That's a pretty good deal. Very similar to the J-Tech models. I would venture to bet they share firmware as well.

is this possible with directv stream? i see a few different mentions of it but i haven't been able to figure out what i'm supposed to do to get it working (if it's even possible)...