ADBTuner: A "channel tuning" application for networked Google TV / Android TV devices

Yeah there is something weird going on with this. It happens if you just use the app normally as well, but not on all channels. History Channel always starts at the beginning of the current show for me.

Iā€™ve ordered an Exvist encoder to add a second tuner. Iā€™ve noticed the J-tech drifts out of sync after about an hour.

My current setup is with a fire stick max, can I use the chrome cast as a second with ADBT or should I try and dig up another fire stick?

1 Like

Can you update your ADBTuner installation and let me know if it fixes the Fubo profile screen issue?

I think I have a reasonable fix in place, but I havenā€™t been able to test it extensively because the profile select screen doesnā€™t show up every time.

Curious, what fix? Do you plan to open source your code like we originally discussed? Would love to learn more to help us on the other side!

EDIT: And contribute!

Ok, I will do it shortly

It's nothing particularly interesting. I didn't immediately get into the details as it might not be effective.

The Fubo app switches from PlayerActivity to ProfilesActivity when their profile selection dialog is displayed. I'm just checking for that switch and sending KEYCODE_BUTTON_START to select the default profile if it occurs. As I said though, I don't know how effective it is since it isn't well tested.

From a shell you can get this info using dumpsys activity
adb shell dumpsys activity | grep 'mCurrentFocus'

And yes, it will be released with an open source license once I'm done adding tests and refactoring.

1 Like

That is great to hear! What is your timeframe for release? The reason I am being persistent is you have a lot of knowledge like your last post that could be a great use to the "open" community that exists now. I am new to this mCurrentFocus thing for example.

PS: add all the tests you want, a 3rd party validation is great, too IMHO.

Seems to be working.
I guess I'll know for sure in a day or so.

Thanks!

@KompilerDJ

Gotcha.

To be fair, the mCurrentFocus thing was new to me as of a few hours ago lol.

I found that when I was digging through logs looking to see if I could find a hint that the profile selection dialog is on screen.

I had been sharing any interesting discoveries in Discord. For the most part Iā€™m really doing all of the same things. If I run into anything else interesting I will be sure to tag you here and would appreciate if you did the same.

I would guess about another month until Iā€™m comfortable releasing this with an open source license. In the meantime if you any specific questions I will be glad to answer them.

@Anvil_DVR Thanks!

Sorry but you keep avoiding my questions!?

When is the code open sourced like you promised? Writing tests and such can wait!

EDIT: I can show Discord chat where this was an exchange to be fair!

I just said in a month or so. Itā€™s certainly a decision thatā€™s entirely up to me.

1 Like

It truly is your decision but at this point looks like your not interested in open source.
PS: month or so for MONTHS! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did you end up finding the links for these?

When I installed from CA via Docker Hub it successfully installed the ADBTuner docker, but when I got to the docker website (my_local_unraid_tower_ip:5592) I get an Internal Server Error. Any unique Docker settings required for Unraid?

Nevermind. Figured it out from the nbctve links.

I don't think so - see above

2 Likes

Although this would work, it's not desirable to use a "Network Type" of Host unless required for the container to function. One should limit a container's access to only the resources it needs.

Unless called out for specialized functionality, Docker containers should use a network type of "Bridge", and then have specific port(s) opened. ADBTuner only needs port 5592.

Which app are you using on iOS?

I tried a few and landed on this one, working well for me: ā€ŽRemote for Android TV on the AppĀ Store

1 Like

I'm using Universal TV Remote.