Add Exit button Prompt

Oh, Nvidia shield?

Yes, but it will work for all android based streamers (shield, firestick, ccgtv, tivo, etc)

I only have a standard firestick remote, and button mapper doesn’t appear on the Amazon App Store, I’ll see if I can side load it, maybe if I can set a long press on the back button to kill the app that would be nice.

Just tried, works on my shield remote.
Edit - upon killing the app, the quick settings opens, didn't do that with the netflix button.

I stopped using Button Mapper on my shield, as it was causing an issue with system volume control. randomly making it think that i was holding down the button, so it would just go full on up to max if i presed vol up once, or go all way down to mute, if press vol down.

I posted about it here, and was told by devs, disable any thing using Accessibility options, which button mapper was inorder to work, and the issue went away and has not returned.

I am using the system vol control. If you use IR, or CEC, or whatever, external device that controls vol, and have the Shield set to fixed out put, may not have that issue,.

Mouse toggle has a similar effect where it can break things. Anyways, check the button mapper thread, I had a post about your volume issue. I tagged you in it sir.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:
? I find several threads that are about Button Mapper.
I have no notification i was tagged in another thread.
Link?

I agree. I'm seeing this on more apps and I am not a fan.

The Netflix approach sucks but that's not being requested here. It should be an option in the settings whether or not to prompt on exit. Just a prompt. Nothing on the sidebar and you can leave it disabled if you don't want it. Simple. Everyone gets what they want.

3 Likes

I would love that. I dont like apps running in background.

I think this would be cool feature. But have it in settings so you can choose to enable/disable feature

1 Like