Add local nbc channel 4 los angeles to tve?

Hi,

Here in Los Angeles, I get cbs, abc and ktla local channels via the tve feature, was wondering can you add the local nbc channel too? It's available on our Roku live tv box, was hoping channels can have it too. It's the best local channel here in L.A.

Every morning, we switch over to our roku to watch the local news, then switch back to kodi/channels/emby for everything else, which works great btw :slight_smile:

Thanks

KNBC is available via TVE. (However, I'm curious about your statement, as KTLA is not. The KTLA news feed you see is the one posted on their website, not the CW-affiliate feed.)

KNBC is partially the local channel, but switches over to the national Today show, instead of staying on the local station.

Also, KNBC stopped working for me 2 days ago. I get it thru Sling TV though. If I deactivate that feed from Sling, will tve give me KNBC? I'll have to try that.

KNBC is available thru an antenna either thru hd Homerun or Tablo.

Only if you own your house. If you live in an apartment like we do, you aren't allowed to put up an outside antenna. I've already tried antennas inside the home, they don't work here.

I was wrong, I thought KNBC was coming from Sling TV, but it's from channels tve. It stopped working 2 days ago.

Is there a command to restart channels dvr server, without reboot?

I don't see it anywhere, and don't want to reboot the windows server it's running on, we have other servers such as emby running on it too.

I got an indoor antenna that works great for my apartment in Los Angeles I picked up over 150 Channels including KNBC.

That's great! I'm happy for you! Doesn't work for me, I already tried several antennas, and hung them all over this damn apartment.

I reboot the channels dvr server, KNBC still not working.

"Playback failed". It says check the logs.

Where are the logs?

Thanks

You can uncheck and recheck the experimental option for local channels

Does it let you watch on nbc.com/live ?

I bought a MOHU LEAF 60 .. works great

Hi tmm1, thanks, I'll try that.

No, it says there was a problem trying to view that channel from them directly.

I'll recheck the experimental option.

It rediscovered local networks, and downloaded guide data.

KNBC is now gone completely. ABC, CBS and KTLA still here. They are working.

My apartment tried to fight with me on it and showed them this from the FCC. You should be allowed to install an antenna on your balcony. I did and you should be able to do so as well.

https://www.wealthmanagement.com/news/fcc-issues-new-satellite-dish-and-antenna-regulations

1 Like

Not true. CA law allows for residents to have antennas or satellite dishes as long as it is within the residents' own personal space (yard, balcony, etc.)

I may have found something.

I tried logging in directly to the nbc website, and it shows me logging in as my spectrum account. I removed all feeds on my channels dvr server (doing testing) right now just using our sling account. Maybe I should re-add the spectrum tve feed.

I took off the spectrum tve feed, because our family hates it when every channel goes to a commercial break "we'll be right back" screen. With Sling, we actually get commercials, like a real live channel.

I'm still new, so still learning.

TVE streams are the same regardless of provider. They come from the network website not the provider. If you think Sling is different somehow, you can make that a higher priority source.

wtf not helping, I don't have a yard or fence, and I already said twice I've tried antennas already, you don't NEED an antenna when using tve, the whole point of this thread

I apologize if I offended; you stated you were not permitted to install an exterior antenna, and I was simply stating that you can indeed do so, even if your landlord incorrectly tells you differently.

I am also sorry that you are having difficulties authenticating for NBC, but I was also sharing that it is available via TVE, and not really something that Channels can do differently than it already is.